YMCA Employee Reviews

Found 20 reviews matching the search See all 26,278 reviews
good
訓練程序服務提供者 (Former Employee) –  Tin Shui Wai, New TerritoriesApril 18, 2019
this job is just like a tutor to teach students after class and train how to teach
The most enjoyable part of the job
Principal Programme Officer I (Former Employee) –  Tsim Sha Tsui, KowloonNovember 18, 2018
The YMCA of Hong Kong promotes and practises Christian values, and is committed to the furtherance of justice, peace, truth and hope with love and integrity, both locally and globally. We are dedicated to:
工作環境好
活動工作員 (Former Employee) –  大圍, New TerritoriesMarch 23, 2018
主要協助社工進行活動,由準備物資,整理物資,以致大型舞台表,嘉年華會的進行,場地佈置,以及物資回收,電召客貨車搬運物資等
Fun and productive workplace
Camp Coordinator (Part Time) (Former Employee) –  Tsim Sha Tsui, KowloonFebruary 2, 2018
Working part time as a Camp Coordinator gave me the opportunity to lead and plan age appropriate activities for young children with a team of Camp Counselors. I learned a lot from this job, and was able to put into practice my organisational skills in the real world. This job is ideal for individuals who genuinely enjoy working with children and wants to make a difference in their lives.
Friendly working environment
Assistant Programme Officer (Current Employee) –  Tsim Sha Tsui, KowloonJanuary 25, 2018
Nice working culture. The age gap between employees are not huge which provides a friendly working culture.
工作環境好
活動工作員 (Former Employee) –  Tsuen Wan, New TerritoriesDecember 9, 2017
工作態度好, 有效率, 對工作有熱誠, 工作環境好, 有員工進修, 有文職經驗, 工作守時, 有福利
Freedom
Student Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Hong KongOctober 21, 2017
As a school, YMCA gives many opportunities for students, same for the student ambassadors. They do not give us s 'script' to follow and tell us what to say to the guests coming in to our school, but let us to be casual and be ourselves.
International Association
Assistant Member Services Officer (Former Employee) –  Hong KongOctober 13, 2017
I got invited to work in the association again and I worked in a fast-paced environment where my responsibilities included leading a team of Member Services Assistants to provide quality service to members, handle numerous complaints and ad-hoc tasks such as event planning and hosting.
happy environment
part time instructor (Former Employee) –  Yau Ma TeiJuly 4, 2017
YMCA is a good place to work. My job was to supervise summer camp for young kids. It was a very good experience to understand the techniques of dealing with young kids. The toughest part if the job was to maintain good dicipline.
Teacher in YMCA Secondary School
High School Teacher (Former Employee) –  Hong Kong, HKMay 25, 2017
I taught subjects like English, Science and Human Geography there before I came to Canada. As my first job after graduation, I would say the salary is quite attractive for a new graduate and one could earn good job satisfaction if effort is put into the work (student's respect and school management's appreciation).
Pros
Pros are cancelled out by cons
Cons
Cons are cancelled out by pros
Enjoyable working environment
Afterschool Childcare Service Tutorial Helper (Former Employee) –  Hong KongJanuary 28, 2017
I had to take care of some kids, including reading stories, playing games, teaching them with homework, tidying the book corners etc. It was an enjoyable job because i love playing with kids.
The most enjoyable part of the job
Kindergarten Class Teacher (Current Employee) –  Tsim Sha Tsui, KowloonSeptember 15, 2016
The most enjoyable part of my job is to spend time with children. Every child is different and have their own personalities which require their own special attention. This is a challenge that i find most difficult but extremely satisfying at the end of the day.
剝削的一間機構
Program Officer (Full-Time) (Former Employee) –  Cheung Sha Wan, KowloonMarch 15, 2016
這公司作為社會福利機構,卻沒有制度可言。
完全是人治角度,且非常不公義。
實際出勤時間比受薪工時多!
管理層,中層都並不與前線人員溝通。

管理層甚至表明,若果同事需要維護自己的right
就唔適合在此工作,

作為社福機構,內部員工經常被剝削。
Pros
工作量
it is very fun experienced in YMCA hongkong all the staff are vey supportive in all aspect.
Computer Operation (Former Employee) –  HongkongSeptember 8, 2015
YMCA hongkong has its own uniquely fame because of their own unique management. I learned a lot in YMCA specialy in how to operate computer. At first, I Know its hard but, days, months passed by I know to myself that I'm enjoying what I'm doing. and its all beacuse of the staff of that company, they are very supportive and very approachable.
productive and nice people all around
Camping counselor (Former Employee) –  hong kongSeptember 7, 2015
a good place to work with as YMCA is just like a big family. At the same time, i enjoy to spend time with kids so that i enjoy leading games and singing songs with them.
Pros
like the working atmosphere
Cons
too much work to prepare for camps
Youthful and energetic workplace
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  KowloonMay 7, 2015
I have participated in multiple kinds of voluntary work, targets range from little children to elderly, to mental illness patients. I have learned about the society's structure and different NGOs that provide a wide spectrum of help to the needy of the society. My partners are generally same age as me and working with them was super fun and productive. The hardest part of the job was the weather because we were required to do labor work a lot. The most enjoyable part of the job was to work with youth and the variety of people I got in touch with.
人際關係良好
活動助理 (Former Employee) –  香港July 14, 2014
跟進校內與社工部同事合作的活動,致力推廣活動,讓學生能在活動過程中有所得著。雖然要不嫌其煩地提醒學生們交東交西,又或者是說服他們參加活動,但當見他們有所得著,感到很快樂!
Great fun
CAMP COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Hong Kong, HKIMarch 20, 2014
Good place to work for young adults who enjoy children. Set up games and activities for kids to learn and enjoy.
Assisting Teachers in a HK local school
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tin Shui WaiJune 23, 2012
The salary was fair for my caliber at that time. I had to make contact with a wide range of students from F1 to F6 (middle and high school) and it was fun.
Pros
cute students