W. L. Gore & Associates Employee Reviews

Great workplace
Learning and Development Specialist (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 19, 2018
Very flexible environment. Fast paced. Very team oriented. The culture at Gore is a very collaborative, team based environment. Gore is a great company with wonderful benefits.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Lack of direction
Not a good place to work anymore
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Avondale, PAApril 16, 2018
Didn't make the top 100 place to work this year FOR A REASON don't waste your time leadership is ruining that company and if you're not in the cliques then good luck can work and work and try to prove yourself too much favoritism
Fast paced medical device
Sales Representative - Southern California (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles County, CAApril 16, 2018
Gore provides a superior technology to treat patients with abdominal and thoracic aortic disease. The culture is one of a collaborative work environment.
W.L Gore is the best place to work and relaxing to work
MEDICAL DEVICE/ CLEAN ROOM ASSEMBLER (Current Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAApril 8, 2018
I have learned from W.L gore about fairly, team work, friendly.. They are doing medical device which can be put in human body and help to save people. with good management, so W.L have many customers, so Associates get good benefits..
Horrible place to work
IT Specialist (Former Employee) –  Elkton, MDMarch 26, 2018
If your new you everyone will try to find your weak spot to get rid of you so they can save their job. Everyone is skiddish there. Management will surely lie to you.
Pros
Money
Cons
Bad Management
Great Place to work
REASERCH AND DEVELOPMENT TECH (Former Employee) –  Flagstaff, AZMarch 18, 2018
This was a great place to work. It can be clicky. The company takes great care of the associates but it has become very corporate. In most cases this is good, but for Gore it is sad. They formed this company as a family business, it is sad to see how corporate and how the rules have changed
Excellent balance is the culture
Manufacturing Leader (Former Employee) –  Elkton, MDMarch 9, 2018
Teams and relationships are valued there. Freedom to learn and grow is a great part of the culture and the culture is practiced and supported. Celebrating success is encouraged.
Pros
Great environment
Cons
Opportunty for growth is variable by business.
Welcoming enviorment with lots of room to grow
Summer Hire ・Skill Trade (Former Employee) –  Flagstaff, AZMarch 5, 2018
While at WL Gore I worked in skill trade and HVAC. Basically I was a grounds keeper/ repair man for the place. It was an enjoyable time and I was sad at the end when it was time to leave.
When there I had 3 different supervisors but they were all patient and willing to help teach me what I didn't know.
The hardest part about it was the plethora of different skills needed to complete the tasks at hand from electrician to plumber, grounds keeping to heavy machine operator plus many things in between. This caused busy days but with everyone around helping out it also felt like a very relaxing and was just in all around enjoyable experience to me.
Management not Open Minded at the time of my employment
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Elkton, MDMarch 4, 2018
Management issues across the area occurred when I was working at Gore. I understand things have changed since I've been gone. I encourage people to created their own opinion.
Losing the differentiating culture that made up for the low pay
Engineer (Current Employee) –  Flagstaff, AZMarch 3, 2018
The pay is low, but the culture and benefits were good enough to make up for it for a long time. I don't think that's the case anymore, as the company is becoming more and more like any other big company, but the pay is ~30-40% lower than other said companies for an experienced engineer. Management believes pay is externally competitive, but my recent research says otherwise. The generosity of the benefits is also lagging behind other companies of comparable size that play in similar spaces. Gore used to be on the generous side in this regard.

The worst part of it is Gore used to be a truly wonderful place to work as an engineer. The culture allowed innovation and collaboration to flourish, and the stated Objective of the Enterprise was to "Make Money and Have Fun". Although Gore won't call them "managers", multiple layers of management are being added, and getting into one of those roles is seen as more valuable than doing the actual technical work that contributes to the future of the company. The Gore Culture, when applied properly and as intended, is a powerful engine to generate great business results and keeps engineers happy. As it's practiced now, it means "just be nice" and makes it hard to fire poor performers. One is more likely to be fired for making an off-color joke in the presence of a millennial than for not doing one's job for multiple years.
Worked in worse.
Production Operative (Former Employee) –  Dundee, Dundee CityFebruary 13, 2018
The work is good. I think that honestly the hourly rate should be more for what you do, and knowing where your products end up once they are fully assembled.
I have worked for worse places over the years than here, but would seriously think twice about taking ANY leave if you are ill!! I have been paid off for taking two days off work with a virus. So be prepared to work work work even if you are not fit to come into your work.
Shame really. Kind of spoiled my short stint at Gore.
Pros
Tea, Coffee, water is free to drink.
Cons
Work when ill.
Phoenix Campus Housekeeping/CRC Leader (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 6, 2018
Great intentions, great benefits, can get individual attention if requested...can be hard to stand out if you are not an extrovert and willing to push others out of the way to be heard
Okay environment
Medical Device Manufacturing Operator (Former Employee) –  Wall, NJFebruary 6, 2018
Most of the time there is a wonderful work environment. However if there is problem, don't depend of management to solve it. I've witnessed 4 employees terminated because of another person hearsay.
Gore is a great company to be with, if you are able to get hired on people usually stick around for the remainder of their career.
Sunmer Hire (Former Employee) –  Flagstaff, AZJanuary 23, 2018
Gore is a great company with a wonderful culture, people who get hired on tend to never leave. They allow for a lot of different commitments throughout the company and always try to hire from within.
Culture Emphasis
Process Engineer (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 14, 2018
The company has a large emphasis on culture. New product development is generally very collaborative. Gore abhors the concept of "managers" and suffer from lack of accountability for it. Work life balance is generally heavily skewed towards life for most people but since you have the power to choose your own commitment and growth path, you have the ability to make a large impact in a relatively short period of time.
Fun, Friendly enviroment, an awesome place to work.
Manufacturing Operator/Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Flagstaff, AZJanuary 5, 2018
I wish I was still apart of the Gore team, definitely the best company I've ever worked for. I love the people, the culture, and so much more. I would recommend this company to anyone.
fun workplace
Test Technician (Former Employee) –  Dundee CityJanuary 3, 2018
Enjoyable place to work, friendly staff. Gained a lot of test experience working here. Great culture, with a lot of good training put in place for staff.
The Best Company i ever worked for
Machine operator/inspector/QA (Former Employee) –  Elkton, MDDecember 13, 2017
Worked 8-10 days primarily as a machine operator, but was allowed freedom to chase down and solve problems, purchase needs for equipment, and engage in other ares of interest that were beneficial to team and organization. I excelled in this environment and culture. The positive and constructive relationships I developed is what Gore prides itself on.
Pros
All employees who are willingly, have the freedom to grow.
Cons
dont have any
America's 100 best company to work for.
Purchasing/Buyer (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CADecember 7, 2017
Convenient working location. Great teammates and cross-functional team members. Promotes healthy working relationship and healthy life styles. Sense of achievement, saving lives in the job I did.
Fun and rewarding place to work
Senior Process / R&D Engineer (Former Employee) –  LivingstonDecember 7, 2017
The culture and the organisation structure enable and encourage self motivated driven associates the freedom to work without the need for close supervision.
Flexibility to grow offers associates the freedom to push and stretch themselves.
The best part of the job is the variety and new fields of work with leadership and other associates support.
The hardest thing about the job is it is not suitable for those who look for more specific levels of authority and rely on being told what to do, unfortunately those tend to get less favorable performance and contributions review.
It was sad and disappointing when found out about the recent redundancies
Pros
Flexible work environment. Subsidized social events
Cons
Stopped all manufacturing activities in Livingston

Ask a question about working or interviewing at W. L. Gore & Associates. Our community is ready to answer.