Starbucks Employee Reviews

Found 35 reviews matching the search See all 38,216 reviews
Starbucks training
Barista (Former Employee) –  Hong KongMay 29, 2017
I have always wanted to learn more about coffee and how a drink place runs. To become a barista at Starbucks, we had to go through a training course before we can really go out and serve our customers. To me, the whole training was amusing and have learnt a lot of useful skills. Temperature and time is very important when heating the milk using steam wand as it can effect not just the taste, but it can ruin the whole drink. For instance, the major difference between a latte and a cappuccino is the timing of the milk steamed. Another important aspect of any barista competition is the artistic presentation of a latte. Seeing customers smile and taking pictures of their drinks makes me feel happy and satisfying. At the end of all the training we must pass a certification exam on what we have learned to ensure that we can provide our very best to out customers. Besides that, something I have learnt is when we get really long orders, we have to stay very calm and patient and do them one-by-one to prevent getting confused with the order. Overall, it was a memorable and enjoyable experience to be able to try new things.
Pros
Wide range of lunch choices
Cons
Team work is very important
工作環境好
barista (Former Employee) –  Kwai Fong, New TerritoriesMay 20, 2017
I can learn how to have a good teams work experience in there and some of barista's skill.
守規多,但學到很多
咖啡調配師 (Former Employee) –  尖沙咀, KowloonMay 9, 2017
有培訓課程,學到很多,亦有很認真的測試。環境十分清潔,守則亦很多,但學習到的終身受用,例如:對客人的態度和與伙伴的溝通。
Pros
學到很多
Cons
薪金偏低
average place had both pros and cons
barista (Former Employee) –  Central and Western, Hong Kong IslandApril 24, 2017
liked the company, Don't like the staff.
the first day i didn't get the training and started working directly, but when i make mistake as i am the new worker, the staff became rude to me. which is totally unacceptable as a new worker who wasn't trained.
Pros
good salary
Cons
no free meals and tiny place for employees rest time
有趣的咖啡文化
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  柴灣, Hong Kong IslandMarch 18, 2017
星巴克是全世界最大的咖啡品牌,來自美國的咖啡文化,可以為香港帶來一種活力。
作為星巴克咖啡連鎖店的當班主住,每天都可以接觸不同種類的顧客,是一種很句挑戰性的任務。
Pros
知識增長
Cons
工時長
Good people and environment to work
Barista (Former Employee) –  Mong Kok, KowloonMarch 12, 2017
Starbucks is one of the biggest company when it comes to coffee. One thing i've noticed about is that Starbucks is not only known as a coffee shop, but when we heard word starbucks, the first the that pops in my mind is SATISFACTION, EXCELLENT CUSTOMER SERVICE, PERFECT ENVIRONMENT For everyone. And they also has a good benefits for partners
Pros
Free 3 beverages a day
Cons
Over time
Fun workplace
Barista (Former Employee) –  Hong KongNovember 7, 2016
Starbucks coffee is a fun workplace .
This is my first job in my life
Although was my part time job , I was so happy to work with my colleagues . I have gain so much experiences from this job .
Cons
Nice atmosphere with each partners
Barista (Former Employee) –  Hong KongNovember 6, 2016
Here can learnt many about coffee knowledge, also can learnt the latte art.
each partners are willing to teach you if you don't know how to do somethings
Starbucks in Hong Kong
Part-time Barista Trainee (Former Employee) –  Hong KongApril 19, 2016
The overall working environment and culture in Hong Kong is totally different with other places. In particular, there is an inequality in terms of the benefits and working capacity for catering industry.
good enviroment
Barista (Current Employee) –  Hong KongApril 17, 2016
It is a good company, we can learn a lot.
Staff and colleagues are good.
Cons
shitt hours are sometimes hard for staff, for example leave work on 10 pm, but need work on next day 6.45 am.
Fun workplace
Part-time Barista (Former Employee) –  Hong KongDecember 2, 2015
Everyday, I needed to make coffee, serve pastry and complete the general cafe duties such as cleaning plates and tables as well.
I learned how to make coffee and smoothies, how to serve in a proper manner and how to cooperate well with colleagues and manager.
My colleagues are very nice and friendly, they are really helpful and willing to teach me anything about Barista.
The hardest thing of the job was making latte art.
However, the most enjoyable part of the job was working in the joyful atmosphere alongside with my colleagues and customers.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Low salaries
A place you will have to learn fast
Part-time Barista (Former Employee) –  Hong Kong, HKIMarch 14, 2015
It's always busy and you have to learn fast, even on the first day of your work. Associates are willing to help.

The best part of the job is tasting. You get a chance to try different food and beverages sold there.
Pros
Stable working hours
stable but no challenge
associate inventory / supply Chain planner (Former Employee) –  Hong Kong, HKIOctober 20, 2014
many admin work i need to follow..
the most difficult part was my boss was not in a background of shipping/Logisitics....it took time to explain my difficult parts and go process for some tasks..
I have a great training at this company
Senior Barista (Former Employee) –  Hong kongApril 28, 2014
Starbucks is world famous Company, i have a great training at this company, for example: drink making, coffee culture.