Starbucks Employee Review

Starbucks training
Barista (Former Employee) –  Hong KongMay 29, 2017
I have always wanted to learn more about coffee and how a drink place runs. To become a barista at Starbucks, we had to go through a training course before we can really go out and serve our customers. To me, the whole training was amusing and have learnt a lot of useful skills. Temperature and time is very important when heating the milk using steam wand as it can effect not just the taste, but it can ruin the whole drink. For instance, the major difference between a latte and a cappuccino is the timing of the milk steamed. Another important aspect of any barista competition is the artistic presentation of a latte. Seeing customers smile and taking pictures of their drinks makes me feel happy and satisfying. At the end of all the training we must pass a certification exam on what we have learned to ensure that we can provide our very best to out customers. Besides that, something I have learnt is when we get really long orders, we have to stay very calm and patient and do them one-by-one to prevent getting confused with the order. Overall, it was a memorable and enjoyable experience to be able to try new things.
Pros
Wide range of lunch choices
Cons
Team work is very important

Other Starbucks Employee Reviews

工作夥伴非常友善
Barista (Current Employee) –  Tseung Kwan O, New TerritoriesMay 25, 2019
主任、經理等管理層非常關心下屬,並建立良好的關係,此是由於STATBUCKS工作文化所影響,不論職位大小均一視同仁,營造一個歸屬感。
Pros
兼職有彈性上班時間
Productive and fun workplace
Barista (Current Employee) –  Admiralty, Hong Kong IslandMay 8, 2019
The place taught me more things than I thought I could learn. It not only taught me coffee making skills and gave me coffee knowledge, it also gave me communication skills and good colleagues to work with which made my working experience even more worth it.
Pros
Free lunch and coffee
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Starbucks. Our community is ready to answer.

514K