Starbucks Employee Review

Starbucks training
Barista (Former Employee) –  Hong KongMay 29, 2017
I have always wanted to learn more about coffee and how a drink place runs. To become a barista at Starbucks, we had to go through a training course before we can really go out and serve our customers. To me, the whole training was amusing and have learnt a lot of useful skills. Temperature and time is very important when heating the milk using steam wand as it can effect not just the taste, but it can ruin the whole drink. For instance, the major difference between a latte and a cappuccino is the timing of the milk steamed. Another important aspect of any barista competition is the artistic presentation of a latte. Seeing customers smile and taking pictures of their drinks makes me feel happy and satisfying. At the end of all the training we must pass a certification exam on what we have learned to ensure that we can provide our very best to out customers. Besides that, something I have learnt is when we get really long orders, we have to stay very calm and patient and do them one-by-one to prevent getting confused with the order. Overall, it was a memorable and enjoyable experience to be able to try new things.
Pros
Wide range of lunch choices
Cons
Team work is very important

Other Starbucks Employee Reviews

Good company
Part-time barista (Former Employee) –  Sm north sky gardenSeptember 9, 2019
Good working skills and coffee knowledge. Benifits and working environment. It can build more self confindence. And improve your communication skills.
Fast working environment
Barista (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Sai Kung, New TerritoriesJuly 22, 2019
Starbucks provides training for every new baristas. They would learn about the basic history of coffee and the company, modern coffee culture and how to make drinks that are in the menu. However, I would not recommend to anyone who wants to develop a career in the coffee industry.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Low salaries

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Starbucks. Our community is ready to answer.

515.2K