Manulife Financial Employee Reviews

Engaging workplace with motivating attitude
Financial Consultant (Former Employee) –  Hong KongSeptember 11, 2018
Great working environment in the offices. Co-workers and managers are very willing to help out with problems. As a financial consultant, the hours are very flexible!
Salary and benefits really good
Assistant Manager-Citrix Consultant (Current Employee) –  Ngau Tau Kok, KowloonApril 24, 2018
Nice Company i have been working with Manulife for almost 3 years now, Such a nice company that i wish to work this company again in my life with different designation
Pros
benefits, Company transportation
Cons
contract employee
Great career, continous learning
Financial Planning Officer (Former Employee) –  Hong KongNovember 16, 2017
A lot to learn on insurance knowledge of financial planning starting from prospecting. It is fun when I can help my clients to complete their life plans. I also enjoy to share my life experience during fact find. Time management is very challenge although I work on self manage aspect. Great to have team support or I am lucky to join to the right team which put clients' benefit as the first priority.
Pros
Free working hour
Cons
Great career
no leadership
Specialist (Former Employee) –  KowloonJune 14, 2017
leaders hide from hard work and only rely on subordinates to do all dirty work.
reluctant to invest to train youngsters. serious politics at workplace.
uncollaborative colleagues.
Insurance Agent
Team Manager / Senior Financial Planning Manager (Former Employee) –  Hong KongJuly 14, 2016
Manulife is a good company with nice and stable working environment. The management level is open and willing to discuss, always thinking more at the agent's side. The district and team culture is more simple, trusted and reliable than other insurance companies. My strength is in pension and corporate clients, however, being an insurance agent needs more involvement in life insurance. I found that it is a bit difficult for me as dealing with corporations is different with dealing with individual persons.
A good company to join
Manager, Performance & Analysis, Asia (Current Employee) –  Causeway BayMarch 6, 2015
It depends which department you are working for. Life could be tough sometimes here but overall it's worth to come and gain buy-side experience.
Pros
working culture
Cons
the system is not very well developed
Many to learn
Intern (Former Employee) –  Hong KongJune 24, 2014
It is a great place to work with, during the time of my intern work, I have learn many communication skills which not only benefit me when I have communicate to the clients and also let me to become a more effective in communication in my life. Develop my teamwork, as we work as a team.
Summer Job
Clerk (Former Employee) –  Hong KongJune 7, 2014
Ø Assist 60 insurance agents with their projects, including diary management for agents
Ø Prepare documents, leaflets and forms for internal meetings and client meetings
Ø Answer calls and field questions from clients
Ø Keep tracks on the productivity and the number of leave days of each agent
Ø Troubleshoot any technical issues with the printers, computers and coffee machines