Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group Employee Reviews

Good developments
Assistant Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Hong Kong, HKDecember 26, 2018
Mandarin Hotel is very high standard Hotel. It is not only make self development in planning. good staff benefits. reasonable salary .but very good in operation supporting.
Pros
Self development
Cons
High working pressure.
Productive and Fun Workplace
Technology Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Hong Kong - Asia Pacific and WorldwideNovember 17, 2018
The hardest part of the job is to liaise with the owners of the property to make them understand the Company requirement in order to build a Mandarin.

The most enjoyable part of the job to be able to deliver the project well in time and below the budgeted amount
quiet good
Part-time banquet worker (Current Employee) –  CentralJune 24, 2018
Reception, food serving and general operations of food and beverages
learn how to be patient and wear a smile when I face clients
the culture is relaxing.
工作環境好
E-commerce Assistant (Former Employee) –  Causeway Bay, Hong Kong IslandMay 5, 2018
在這公司裡,我可以加深對酒店內部運作的了解,知道平常我們是如何經過網頁去預約服務或房間等,讓我更加有興趣繼續學習更多技術。
management
causal staff (Current Employee) –  Central and Western, Hong Kong IslandApril 1, 2018
good and excellent management, good cost control and try hard to establish good working environment.
Pros
flexible and comfortable to take up night shift
Cons
hk island preferred
Unfriendly work environment, poor management and insufficient training
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Central, Hong Kong IslandFebruary 2, 2018
During the short period working at Mandarin Oriental, I witnessed many problems with the management at senior and upper level. There is no work/life balance working for this company. Hotel colleagues are uncooperative and rude and lack team morale.
Pros
Free meals
fun work place
cross trainer (Former Employee) –  hong kongJanuary 9, 2018
was very friendly and help me learn valuable skills, good time keeping , if i had any problems they would help me. well worth it and would do it all over agin
Pros
very friendly
完善制度
commis 1(amber) (Former Employee) –  Central, Hong Kong IslandDecember 20, 2017
根據大廚要求準備食材 和酒店衛生標準工作 保持完美出品

在壓力工作下會提高自己工作能力 另各項技能更好
長時間工作 沒有時間休息身體過勞
Superb industry leaders
Director of Communications (Former Employee) –  Hong KongFebruary 20, 2017
Learn about and be among the most excellent in luxury hospitality and have opportunities to be set the standard in the industry.
To attain a hostess position in the hospitality industry where exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, strong leadership and customer serv
Hostess (Current Employee) –  Central, Hong KongJanuary 19, 2017
Through my experiences at several establishments, I have acquired a diverse set of hospitality oriented skills that i believe will benefit at 5 start international hotel as a potential employee. I have experience ranging from up-selling products to finalizing and scheduling floor plans and table bookings. I am very familiar with opening and closing receptionist duties such as submitting daily revenue reports. I have exceptional communication skills from responding to client inquiries in regards to services offered or customer complaints.

I believe i have excellent customer service skills, the ability to multi-task, remain composed under a high stress and pressure environment, reliable, flexible, possess an enthusiastic personality, multilingual in Cantonese, Mandarin, and English. I am also very fluent with MS word and excel.

I believe that i can contribute to Food and Beverage Team as i have a very strong desire for customer satisfaction and enjoy the fast pace and challenging environment .Through my years of experience in the hospitality setting, I have build up confidence in not only presenting myself in front of people, but understand the importance that I represent the company as a whole.
To responsibility for day-to-day hotel operation
Electrical Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Hong Kong, HKNovember 25, 2016
To responsibility for monitoring and supervisory vender to get the job done on time.
To responsibility for asset and inventory arrangement.
To providing safety training for another colleague.
To responsibility for problem solving of kitchen equipment and electrical system.
To responsibility for monthly maintenance report.
To responsibility for management electrical parts storage.
bar casual staff
Casual Staff bar waiter (Former Employee) –  hk centralJuly 6, 2016
Application for casual retail assistants, well experience on stock take, night fill, sales and customer service. personality as responsibility, brave to take the challenge, finished assignment rapidly and efficiency. Thank you for your time and I hope you offer me an opportunities for an interview.
Pros
break during work
Cons
lack of communication between staff and manager
room service junior casual
room service casual staff (Former Employee) –  hk centralJuly 6, 2016
work form Monday to Friday, learn how to set up table, tidy up the table and prepare the food and beverage for customer, good communication with colleagues. the hardest part of job is keep efficiency of the order. the most enjoyable in work is communicate with colleagues and work as a team.
Pros
many breaks during work
Cons
lack of customer service