Gartner

Gartner Employee Reviews

Exciting Company
Gartner is a growth minded company with strong data to back that up. They are continuously investing in employees as well as improving their services to clients.
Great Place to Work
Gartner is a great company to work for. Everyone at the company is awesome to work with. Really good culture and still a growing feel. Top of the line facilities and great benefits, as well.
Appreciate Opportunity to Subcontract
I had the opportunity to subcontract with a client I had a previous relationship with - it was a good fit and I enjoyed working with the Gartner team.
Pros
flexible travel schedule, opportunities for leadership
Productive and flexible culture
Very flexible culture via remote environments and balanced hours. Nice office ambiance and really great healthcare/HR benefits. People there are really caring as well.
Great atmosphere
I was an intern but my experience was great. The eagerness for others to help you grow and develop was great!I will say the experience definitely hinged on the management team. It was great place to build friendship and career connection
Good Work culture
Cooperative peers and management. Open to new ideas and good opportunity.
Great pay and benefits
HRA - very process driven, use of Workday for tasks, receive reference and visa letters through HR Inbox. Collaborate across EMEA, America and APAC.
Good working environment, culture is developing positively.

Progression is unfortunately rigid and strict to be in seat for typically 2 years before promotion.

Company is centered only around sales and money - corporate functions do not benefit from paid Christmas parties, summer parties, team building days, information is very top down.. you are 'told' information from team in America, same for HRP's.

Benefits and pay are very good, Vitality private health (includes tons of benefits), dental insurance, good maternity pay, pension is double up to 8%, 2 cafes on site, gym for free at Egham. London office now offers virtual yoga and facilitates a lunch running club.
Pros
finish at 5, free gym, on-site canteen, benefits, pay
Cons
top down, heavily process driven, US higher mangement VERY robotic and scripted in communication (impossible to warm to them)
Enjoy the job, don't enjoy the internal environment
Love doing best work with CIO clients. Gartner has a lot of good stuff for enterprise CIOs.

Managers add no value. They are simply enforcers of policy from the hierarchy. What works for US does not work globally, but they don't want to hear that.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Gartner?
Great Company -- But Challenges Succeeding
In general, a great company. However, Gartner wants to quantify success. This is not always possible. I struggled to meet metrics entirely out of my control. The metrics in my control, I was the best in my organization. However, the former made the difference. I lost my job, even though others performed worse than me.
Good company, good culture
I loved my extended internship with Gartner! The hours were flexible and my boss was amazing. I learned so much about the technology industry and was able to get back to my project/program management roots.
Great place to learn, very variant in their pay with individuals
Great place for sales training and boot-camp, to cut your teeth, to see if sales is really for you. However, I found out I was making 20-25k less in my base than some 4 years less experience class-of cohort and when I asked for a comp true-up, I was given a $3k counter. Insulting but understandable different money pools, new-hire from Corp. HR money pool v.s. my VP's pocket money budget pool. Great place to network, they definitely hire top-tiered people.
Work hard, play hard
Gartner is a great place to start a sales career. You'll receive world class training. The only drawback is that it is growing so quickly, many first time managers are leading teams. Your career trajectory can depend on a lot of luck.
Productive and fun place
The workflow is not constant. It is very stressful and everybody is very busy towards end of months, quarter or year otherwise it could be nearly empty.
Gartner hypes their inclusion/diversity/veteran support, but they do NOT follow through
Gartner spends more money marketing their support of diversity, inclusion and veteran support, than they invest in their ability to hire talented people from any of the groups they supposedly support.

They have people quitting their career in the military reserves because they REFUSE to support them continuing to perform their 2 weeks a year of reserve drill.

Also, they fail to actually follow through on the book they claim is part of their sales management philosophy, 'Mindset: The new psychology of success'...they actually just fire people forcefully, not develop them further, if they struggle after being hired.
Pros
Compensation, Branding
Cons
Management support, leadership philosophy, follow-through
Life at Gartner
Very nice company with respect to work culture and work life balance . Company promotes new ideas and collaborative approach for success of every employee .
N/a
Great culture and work life balance generally speaking. Excellent career progression opportunities. Well-defined metrics for success. Great product and service.
Gartner has plummeted as an employer. Run.
Tremendous workload for below market pay. The prior positive culture has tanked more and more as layer upon layer of micromanagement smothers creativity. Their diversity is dismal.
Intense and rewarding
It takes a while to fully understand Gartner business model and how to sell advisory services but once you get that, it's very rewarding. Gartner is a great place to work
Excellent work life balance
great work life balance, but very tied to your desk day in day out. The culture has shifted a little over the last few years and seems to be less a priority but overall great company to work for.
Very negative company culture but with good pay
I worked in administration and event planning at Gartner for about a year. This opportunity offered me a very good starting pay rate, but I found that employees were very much undermined and were treated with such an attitude that any small talk had to be done through email (I.E complete silence was encouraged but listening to music through headphones was not). Instead of managers coming to you offering advice or feedback, it was told through rumors that eventually trickled to you. When that happens, you often don't know what you were doing wrong for some time. I would recommend this job to someone who is just starting out, but would not recommend it to anyone who is trying to network or try for a promotion as it is very difficult.
Culture is being lost
Gartner 7 years back and now is very different. The culture is not great and people with right contacts get all the benefits and has grown to become a mom&pop shop. Performance is overlooked and biased with relationships.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Gartner. Our community is ready to answer.