City University of Hong Kong 香港城市大學

City University of Hong Kong 香港城市大學 Employee Reviews

A lot of untold pressure
Associate Professor (Former Employee) –  Hong KongJune 26, 2019
Although it is quick flexible and "free" as an academics, there can be double standards in the management,despite all the written documents and the actual criteria can be political and personality biased. Campus politics is severe. One does enjoy the company of the eager students.
Pros
Quite flexible in the professional work
Cons
Never know what the management wants depsite all the written materials.
Quite abundant educational resources but working under great stress
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kowloon TongNovember 13, 2018
I worked as a research assistant for 1.5 years here. There are a variety of training or educational resources to improve the knowledge and skill base, which are usually free of with little cost of employees and students. The drawback is the great stress, which can depend on the content of your research, your supervisor, and working environment. The laboratory usually do not have windows, which drastically limit your exposure to natural light. This could also be a factor of highered stress I observed on the research/technical assistants here.
Pros
International, convenient location, abundant training/educational resources
Cons
High stress
My view
Research Assistant (Full time) (Former Employee) –  Kowloon TongOctober 25, 2018
I graduated from the Department of Public and Social Administration, City University of Hong Kong, so I possess strong sense of belonging here and happy to work here after I graduate
Highly stressed working enviroment with fake caring about researshers
Flexible Neural Probe (NP) Design (Former Employee) –  Hong Kong, HKOctober 10, 2018
I have started my work enthusiastically. The first advice I got is that this job is full time and I should be at work all day long.
a typical day starts at 9 am but there is no end for the day and nobody cares how long you have been asked to stay at the office or lab.
All the management was in the direction of obtaining the results no matter what.
The workplace culture is like you are working in a shoe box with all the people who are talking in Mandarin and you fill loanly and excluded.
Pros
Friendly colleague
Cons
Stressful and long hours work
Productive and fun workplace
Research assistant (Former Employee) –  HKAugust 21, 2018
Excellent place to work with a great company culture and a range of benefits. A friendly culture is deeply instilled within the workforce, and this can be felt almost tangibly
Teaching Assistant
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hong KongAugust 15, 2018
• Performed teaching duties, prepared teaching materials and assessed students assignments
• Achieved 5.89 out of 7 teaching scores and received appreciation letters from students about my clear explanations, well-prepared teaching materials and friendly personality
• 3 out of 20 students received offers from the big 4 accounting firms after I assisted them with resumes and preparation of interviews in both English and Mandarin
goodgood
STUDENT HELPER (Part-Time) (Former Employee) –  Hong Kong, HKJune 11, 2018
The proferssors are nice and I lie working with them.
productive and relaxing workplace
Part-time Animation Project Helper (Former Employee) –  KowloonJune 4, 2018
Working as part time assistant in the City University of Hong Kong, I not only gained experience, but I also learnt to work against deadlines and be responsible and considerate. The working place is pleasant and relaxing and the colleagues are my schoolmates. Professors come time to time to check out our progress and make sure that we are on track.
Collaborative and Caring Work Culture
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Full-time) (Former Employee) –  Hong Kong, HKApril 5, 2018
City University of Hong Kong is a very caring place where people are nice and supportive to each other. Besides, people are very collaborative and professional, which make work go smoothly and efficiently.
Pros
great work culture
Cons
less career advancement opportunities
Nice co-workers
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hong KongFebruary 14, 2018
I touch based with the elderly to perform check ups on their Fitbits and body health. I learnt to well-manage the work time, content and format. I also have to come up with solutions to improve work efficiency.
Fun workplace for student workers
OPSA Senior Student Host (Current Employee) –  Hong KongJanuary 26, 2018
Working in CityU was a great way to experience an actual office environment without the stress of a full commitment to the job. The staff and colleagues are friendly and helpful.
Happy to work there
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  HONG KONG, HKDecember 11, 2017
Workload was quite heavy, but the working environment was great. All colleagues were friendly. Instructions were clear and detailed, very easy to follow.
part time Job
Research assistant (Former Employee) –  CityUNovember 14, 2017
Dr. Talamini is very strict person, who usually ask me to do the best.
Pros
learn a lot
Cons
Some time it is difficult to keep the balance between study and work.
A great place to work
Associate Professor in MS (Former Employee) –  Hong Kong, HKOctober 8, 2017
Typical academic life. Very supportive colleagues and management (while I was there). Academic freedom allows choosing your own research direction. Self management is the key.
Flexible timeslot and fun workplace
PALSI Leader (Current Employee) –  Kowloon Tong, KowloonAugust 29, 2017
I assists ten year-one students to prepare for classes, formulate study plans and review course materials. I could hold my tutorial during my spare time, not restricted to a given time. I learnt how to help improve their learning skills and master the course content well.
Place to earn experience
Student Helper, Student Development Services (Current Employee) –  Kowloon Tong, KowloonAugust 8, 2017
To work with the department of City University of Hong Kong is a great experience for students to gain more about the actual working environment.
A Place to get started
Media Designer (Former Employee) –  KowloonJuly 10, 2017
As this job is offered by your campus, you are more likely to meet people that are around your age and probably studying in the same discipline as you. Bonding to new network is easy.
义务教学活动
completed instruction
lean of promotion skills
Not really good
Research Associate (Former Employee) –  Hong KongMay 16, 2017
Compare to other university in Hong Kong, CityU provides low salary and less benefit. The management there is suck. The administrative and finance department never support your work.