Cigna Employee Reviews

fun workplace
Administrative Assistant Associate (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 18, 2018
friendly and helpful environment, there are great programs that offer employees to receive discounts for child care. The hardest part would be the drive due to being located around the Galleria
strictly business
Enterprise Content Management Intake Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Bloomfield, CTApril 18, 2018
East coast work mentality, you're here to work and fun is not a necessity. Can be very stressful at times outsourced a lot of jobs to save money after ACA passed and implemented.
As with most companies if you have the right manager you can succeed and do well.
Pros
Well paid, remote work possibilities
Cons
Stuffy shirt mentality, some co-workers are cut-throat.
Great Company
Customer Service Advocate (Former Employee) –  Moosic, PAApril 17, 2018
I enjoyed working for this company very much ... They were very friendly and involved with their employees. We had exciting group competition games during the summer
A very productive work place
Medical Claims Processor (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCApril 17, 2018
Cigna is a very productive , encouraging and enlightening place . You must be at your best always but even if you have an issue , Cigna is ready to help you resolve it.
Pros
Great atmosphere
Cons
Slightly stressful
Difficult working environment half of the time
Underwriter (Current Employee) –  Greenwood Village, COApril 17, 2018
Underwriting busy season is a nightmare. The rest of the year is not bad. Management is good except their staffing decisions are poor. Compensation was fine.
Pros
Good work/life balance for half the year
Cons
Terrible work/life balance for half the year
get you stuff together
Quality Assurance Manager (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCApril 16, 2018
to many people telling you what to do and no structure. Everyone would throw you under the bus and then expect for you to just rebound with a smile on your face. Fights on the floor yelling screaming and cussing it reminds me of high school
It was a great place to work and then a new CEO came along and all changed.
Network Technician\Administrator (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 16, 2018
In early and out late. Troubleshooting network and desktop issue's as well as many other duties.
I di learn a lot. I was originally trained by IBM when they installed the new network in the high rise we were located at.
I worked for some really educated and knowledgeable managers but they were never in the position for a long time for whatever reasons.
Culture was ok but things always can be better
It was a hard job due to size of network and inexperienced staff. The Lan business was a new change at the time for corporations.
Enjoyable was learning new things. They did send you to school etc.
Pros
Ability to learn\training\getting good experience
Cons
When they subbed out the IT work.
very good overall experience
Manager, Operations (Current Employee) –  Bloomfield, CTApril 16, 2018
fast paced and competitive culture
very good staff and working environment
management is very good at keeping employees in
the loop of company events/policies/changes
A friendly environment
Credentialing Associate (Current Employee) –  Hooksett, NHApril 15, 2018
Though the job is being outsourced shortly, how it is being handled is with the department in mind. They have been very kind about the situation. I would consider continuing working here if a new position is made available in the office.
Pros
Friendly people and free food days for good work
Cons
Department being outsourced after a large hiring onshore.
n/a
HEDIS RECORDS RETRIEVAL SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXApril 15, 2018
I heard about Hedis and what does it means to the Healthcare system. The hardest part of the job was getting to the job by public transportation. I enjoyed my co0workers and the atmosphere of the job.
Fast pace work environment, fair pay, and inconsistent management capacity
Architecture Manager, Clinical (Current Employee) –  Bloomfield, CTApril 15, 2018
I'd rate Cigna pretty high purely based on the pay scale. I think the upper management team are very competent. The company is running very lean on a daily basis so multi-tasking and ever approaching deadlines is the normal.
Its a insurance company
Medical Administrative Associate (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 13, 2018
You will work for an insurance company. expect to
be good with customer service
the culture is competitive.
the people are great.
the bosses are jerks
Pros
you know your getting your paycheck
Cons
you work for an insurance company
Review
Case Management Specialist/Health Coach (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAApril 13, 2018
I enjoyed the work I did and the people I worked with. The pace was very fast and the ongoing learning curve steep.

I have learned a lot about healthcare as a system.
Lots of opportunity, very structured
Supervisor, Operations (Former Employee) –  Greenwood Village, COApril 12, 2018
It is a good place to work for. The people I worked with is very knowledgeable. The benefits is good but they don't pay their employees very well. What i like about Cigna is that there is lot of opportunities for Career growth. I would not mind working again for Cigna.
Pros
Vacation, Benefits, People, Culture
Cons
Compensation
N/a
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 11, 2018
It was a nice company, learned a lot with the few months that were given to me before the company had to lay off over 100 employees and physicians. But the experience was well worth it.
Very fast paced dynamic work environment
APPLICATION DEVELOPMENT SENIOR DIRECTOR (Current Employee) –  Bloomfield, CTApril 11, 2018
Very fast paced dynamic work environment; Striving to be nimble while being an enterprise; Also transforming into a health service company instead of the traditional health insurance company
Low morale, awful company
Front End Pharmacy Technician (CPhT) (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAApril 10, 2018
My experience with Cigna was poor. We were lied to at the interview about our job duties. Managers practice cronyism and you will not advance even if you have excellent work performance. The company puts holds on your department, not allowing an employee to transfer or apply to other departments causing you to miss out on a better opportunity or career growth, only for their own benefit.
Cons
Micro-managed
fun with room to grow ,but it was temp
Administrative Assistant for HEDIS project (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCApril 9, 2018
nice people my manager is a superwomen to work with no one babysits you u come an go get your work done help others im everyone to talk with them in different state call office s/w friendly people i love it it only been a year.
Pros
Don't have to go out theirs a cafeteria located there
Cons
30 mins lunches which was great sit at desk to eat
Cigna is a good place to work
Underwriting Account Senior Associate (Current Employee) –  Bloomfield, CTApril 9, 2018
Looking for a diverse company that has a good working environment? Consider, they are a solid organization with years of dedication to their employees, share holders and their Customers
Pros
Located in Bloomfield, Ct
Cons
Career advancement can be tricky
different experience
RN Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEApril 9, 2018
the insurance world isn't for everyone
the pay was not that competitive for the workload
I'm unsure if advancement was avail
being behind a desk all day isn't my first choice
manager was great- very receptive and approachable
the job in itself was full of people who wanted to retain you and make to position better. sometimes its only the coins that can attract and retain valuable staff.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cigna. Our community is ready to answer.