BNP Paribas Employee Reviews

Found 27 reviews matching the search See all 2,934 reviews
Productive with work life balance
Senior Account Officer (Former Employee) –  Hong Kong, HKMay 31, 2018
The duties of every subordinates are crystal clear. Everyone focus on their duties and with high productivity.
Some Team members and co-workers which support us in other departments are located in India, therefore we need to use instant message program frequently to work with them.
Co-workers are friendly and willing to help each other when needed.
The office environment is nice with a very good pantry and easy to access by public transport.
The hardest part of the job is the system / IT issue. Since we are located in Hong Kong and some main functions only available in Paris. If there is a system issue, our I.T colleagues may not have certain rights to solve the problem. Then it will result in a long wait before it's back to normal.
Pros
Nice pantry
Cons
computer system
Low stress, but low upside
Executive Director (Former Employee) –  Hong Kong, HKDecember 12, 2017
Pay and work life balance was good. Career advancement for non-french citizens unrealistic. Management hit or miss. Difficult to compete with larger investment banks.
A place of work life balance
Senior Marketing Associate (Former Employee) –  IFC CentralSeptember 8, 2017
Fast pace and priority setting are the most appropriate description of my previous job. I have learned to be a positive and all-rounded employee as I need to face different client and internal issues everyday. Whether the hardest or the most enjoyable part of the job is personnel issues. I enjoy working with my direct relationship manager and my teammates as well. However, it could be a messy day when I need to deal with some difficult clients or internal colleagues who are uncooperative. It's really a good place to train up my interpersonal skill indeed.
Best environment to work
Officer – Regional P&L and FX Reconciliation (Former Employee) –  Hong KongAugust 22, 2017
I have working there for about a year and it provides the best environment to grow your career experience.
Best working environment,
Specialist Compliance Officer (Current Employee) –  Taikoo PlaceJuly 4, 2017
The company is quite good for the training, the working environments are located in central and Quarry Bay, they're quite close to the MTR station.
Traditional asset manager
Portfolio Management Associate (Former Employee) –  Hong KongJune 30, 2017
Typical long only fund manager. Staff diligently followed investment guideline with tight risk control. Fund managers focused on bottom up ideas rather than top down allocations back in 2004-07.
Good Culture
Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Hong Kong, HKJune 20, 2017
Very supportive culture and good people. Surrounded with talented management whom are easily approachable when advice or assistance is needed. Great work life balance
Pros
Work life balance
薪酬好,工作压力较大
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Central, Hong Kong IslandMay 10, 2017
工作中最喜欢的事情:制作Pitch Book,实现新点子,推动Project进行
工作中最困难的事情:跨大洲合作(时差),应对客户临时紧急要求
Pros
薪酬好
Cons
压力大,每晚OT
good worklife balance but low benefits
Market risk manager (Current Employee) –  Hong Kong, HKMarch 7, 2017
not much to say, BNP has being paying low salaries with little incentive to increase. The work life balance is ok and the group performs but they should be more fair to their employees.
productive and fun place with free coffee
Analyst - Investment Banking, Coverage (APAC) (Former Employee) –  Hong Kong, HKFebruary 27, 2017
it is a productive and fun place with free coffee. Also it is a ncie place to learn the process in investment banking and a big corp culture,
Pros
free high tea often
Cons
long working hours
A typyical working enviroment
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Hong KongJanuary 20, 2017
The team always give us a fully support if we have problem in solve the client problem over the phone or Email. We always have a big gathering every month
This is the company I love to work for again if possible
Operation Security Administrator/Company Secretary (Former Employee) –  HONG KONG, HKDecember 7, 2016
I started to work for the investment bank named Paribas and later merged with BNP to become BNP Paribas. I had good time there. Most of the management people were from France and are very nice. I'm proud and great that I have an opportunities to work there. The co-workers were nice to each other even there were some office politics between some departments. The hardest part of the job was to handle some high net worth customers' complaints. The most enjoyable part of the job was people understand each other's requirement when you have to work with a few departments.
Fine - the French bosses were very nice
IT Administration Officer (Former Employee) –  HONG KONG, HKDecember 7, 2016
Work was not easy but you enjoy working with the co-workers. You learnt how to enjoy your life and work efficiently. I had the opportunities to work with different vendors and learnt how to negotiate the contracts to benefit the company more. Good challenges.
Good company overall
Trader (Former Employee) –  Central, Hong Kong IslandApril 15, 2016
Pros
-decent and competent colleagues
-nice location
-interesting company
Cons
-absurd HR policies
-lower compensation than other banks
It is a good place to change my career path
Due Diligence Officer (Current Employee) –  Quarry Bay, Hong Kong IslandMarch 26, 2016
It is a good place to change my career path. It accepts people from different streams i.e can meet people in different backgrounds.
Productive company with strong team.
Real Estate Investment Analyst Intern (Former Employee) –  Hong KongJanuary 1, 2016
The team was very good and patient in helping me adapt to new tasks which I was initially unfamiliar with.
A strong work ethic was visible within the entire organization.
Pros
Location of the company
Very interesting and challenging work environment. Fast-paced and demanding.
EA to CEO, Corporate Finance, Asia Pacific (Former Employee) –  Hong KongNovember 19, 2015
A very interesting organisation to work in, especially with regional role. Work hard, play hard and pay well.

A good environment to learn

Culture of the organisation : team work, helping each other
Pros
Good remuneration package
Cons
Long working hours (between 12-14 hours on working days, required flexibility on weekends as well)
Productive and fun work place
Senior Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  India and Hong KongOctober 3, 2015
Supportive management and co-workers. Learnt a lot during my tenure. Received extensive management experience in collaborating with multiple stakeholders from Finance, Operations and IT in UK, US, Hong Kong and India
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  HKSeptember 26, 2015
Price and Execute Structured Equity Derivatives Product
Generate Term Sheet and review Final terms
First contact point of BNPP HK PB Sales desk
Good workplace
Loan & Trade Syndication APAC, Business Manager (Current Employee) –  International Finance Center 2, Central, Hong KongSeptember 19, 2015
Overall environment is good with support from the management when needed. You have the ability to prove yourself with close interaction with management and colleagues; take position of projects or deals, though difficult to breakthrough once you reach a management position: lack of visibility, but not necessarily in possibilities. Networking becomes an important part of your daily life in the end to be seen and heard.
Pros
flexibility at work
Cons
evolution in your career

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BNP Paribas. Our community is ready to answer.

41.2K