Bloomberg Employee Reviews

Producer
Producer (Former Employee) –  Hong Kong, HKJuly 16, 2018
Strong systems in place. You're expected to work hard and long hours, but compensated for it. Compensation was good, and a great office that you were happy to come to everyday
Producer
Producer (Former Employee) –  Hong Kong, HKJune 21, 2018
Great organization. Systematic. Everything in order. Processes in place. Very professional. You're expected to work hard, but you get rewarded for your efforts.
Collaborative environment but untransferrable skills
Credit Analyst (Current Employee) –  Hong KongMarch 23, 2018
- lean hierarchy and high mobility
- collaborative environment as you get to work with different departments within the organisation across regions
- work could be very tedious
- not a good place for pursuing a career in finance
Fun
Equity Specialist and Product Sales (Former Employee) –  Hong Kong, HKJanuary 14, 2018
Bloomberg is a really fun place to work at. People are very encouraging and willing to help. It is a very interactive learning environment which embraces ideas and creativity.
Mainstream media
Assistant Director (Former Employee) –  Hong Kong, HKJune 19, 2017
Quite a big HK office. Nice people, but don't know if all of them are competent.
Have awesome pantry which is always full of goodstuff.
People seem nice and chill but the control room is not always so peaceful. Producers shout and curse a lot.
Bloomberg
Equity Specialist and Product Sales (Former Employee) –  Hong Kong, HKJune 1, 2017
Great company to work at. Company has great benefits and numerous perks (museum access, memberships etc). Pay is competitive and growth depends on success level and tenure.
Cult like environment
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Hong KongNovember 24, 2016
A good place to start or finish your career. A lot of brainwashing about how they reward the hard workers but in reality they promote people who do not work hard necessarily but rather schmooze the right people
fun place to work
FX Specialist, Sales and Analytics (Former Employee) –  Central, Hong Kong IslandNovember 25, 2015
fun place to work, nice people, great culture, good training, good resources, great benefit, useful materials to learn, nice pantry
Great company culture
Sales Analyst (Former Employee) –  hong kongMay 1, 2015
Work load is not big, and great working environment for mothers and women in general. HK office environment was very friendly.
Love its efficiency
Economic Statistic Data Researcher (Former Employee) –  Hong Kong, HKIApril 2, 2014
The lifestyle itself in Hong Kong is notoriously fast pace. A typical work day for me is from 8am to 6pm and surrounded by 3 to 4 monitors at my desk. I do not complain about my hours, and in fact, I actually feel blessed compare to those who work until midnight (It happens all the time).

However, to speak the truth, I do not enjoy being surrounded by 4 monitors with fixed setting on brightness because they started hurting my eyes after staring at them for a long period of time, and I tried different ways to adjust the level of brightness but still it did not work. Yet, I grew to like having more than 2 monitors in terms of working efficiently, I love how quickly I can get my job done without switching between tabs, especially I dealt with high volume of financial data and researching in companies.

For management style, it really depends on who. Everyone has ones own belief and definition on efficiency, professionalism, style to approach individuals etc. Nonetheless, the overall style I get from them is very supportive.

Hardest part of the job is communication on internal group chats. Everyone has brilliant ideas, however, in order to glue all the pieces together does take time to 1) step back and organize and 2) rethink it thoroughly.

Most enjoyable part of the job is to get to work with many brilliant minds.
work-life balance
Economics Data Analyst (Current Employee) –  Hong Kong, HKISeptember 30, 2013
few innovative work;
no career path;
can learn how to communicate with different parties;