The Anti-Money Laundering team within the Compliance Department in Hong Kong supports Deutsche Bank businesses in Hong Kong in managing AML/CTF/embargo risk, and is responsible for ensuring related processes are in place and that all policies, procedures and guidelines conform to internal DB policies and all applicable local laws and regulations.
This is an additional role within the AML function in Hong Kong.
The position reports to the Head of Compliance North Asia (ex-Japan) and to the Regional Head of AML Asia Pacific.
- Providing AML/KYC related guidance and advice to all Business Partners in Hong Kong.
- Reviewing matters escalated to Hong Kong AML, arising from the risk based approach contained in applicable policies on AML/KYC, relating to both Hong Kong managed or Hong Kong booked relationships.
- Reviewing potential transactions and business initiatives and providing advice from an embargo perspective, liaising with regional and global embargo and sanction colleagues as required.
- Liaising with regional AML Business Leads based in Singapore in the application of policy changes; global and regional initiatives and projects within Hong Kong.
- Ensuring local country/divisional guidelines and procedures are in line with Hong Kong law, as well as any applicable HKMA and SFC Guidelines and providing updates to the business and amendments to policies as required.
- Investigating potentially suspicious transactions and producing Suspicious Transaction Reports ona timely basis when deemed appropriate, including on cases flagged by regional AML Monitoring and payment screening teams.
- Following up with the Business on the status of regular reviews /obtain relevant MIS from the Business.
- Carrying out AML controls for the location as defined by global or regional programmes.
- Performing regular and ad hoc AML/KYC and embargo induction and refresher training to staff.
- 5+ years experience in AML-related knowledge skills and experience gained in a compliance or customer onboarding role within a financial institution or regulator.
- Understanding of investment banking and securities products and services.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Performance orientation.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to perform well under pressure.
- Ability to work independently and as a team.
- Degree qualified (Relevant AML or related certifications is desirable (CAMS, CFE, IntDipAML))
- Excellent proficiency in written and verbal English required.
- Proficiency in written and verbal Chinese advantageous
Deutsche Bank offers a challenging and rewarding career where your contribution is valued and rewarded. We have an inclusive and friendly working environment coupled with excellent facilities and benefits.
Deutsche Bank is an equal opportunity employer who seeks to recruit and appoint the best available person for a job regardless of marital status, sex (including pregnancy), age, religion, belief, race, nationality and ethnic or national origin, colour, sexual orientation or disability.
Deutsche Bank - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard
Deutsche Bank AG is one of the top financial groups in the world and the largest bank in Germany, where it operates about 2,000 retail...