W. L. Gore & Associates Employee Reviews

Great Company
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Manor, TXApril 24, 2017
Great work place. Good people. I enjoyed the years I worked there. It was interesting and they really took care of there employees. Wish they would have stayed in Texas.
Pros
Good Pay, Good Culture
Cons
Exciting creative Associates to work with each day
Quality Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Elkton, MDApril 4, 2017
Would work there again without hesitation. I had the opportunity to learn many new skills and really appreciate that Gore encourages growth at every level.
Pros
Make your own commitments.
Cons
Pay should be better for women working same as the men
Lead Control Room Operator (Current Employee) –  Elkton, MDApril 3, 2017
I'm actually a contactor that has done contract Security for Gore since 1999. I'm currently employed by Covenant Security. I enjoy working in the environment.
Great Place
Operations Engineer Intern (Former Employee) –  Flagstaff, AZApril 1, 2017
I did an internship there one summer and it was one of the best experiences. The people are very welcoming, the culture is great, and seems like a great place to work.
Poor Senior Leadershio Causing Decline
Marketing Manager (Current Employee) –  Newark, DEApril 1, 2017
Outstanding products and technologies,and a genuine commitment to meeting customer needs. Poor working environment caused by ineffective senior leadership and excessive politics.
Pros
high performance, reliable products
Cons
no management focus, unrealistic goals with no plans for achieving them
State of Confusion
Manufacturing Technician (Former Employee) –  Elkton, MDMarch 30, 2017
Loved the job but the last couple years management and company has changed so much for the worse. They have made so many changes leaders cant keep up with them and cant deliver. They are losing money and have let the culture take a back seat to what built that company.
Workplace culture
System Integrator/Automation Engineer (Former Employee) –  Flagstaff, AZMarch 29, 2017
The workplace culture is wonderful and the possibilities for attempting new ideas is rewarded. The culture prides itself in being lateral as opposed to hierarchal but you quickly learn who the bosses really are and the power they enjoy.
Hard work and fun atmosphere
Summer Hire (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 27, 2017
WL Gore & Associates provided me with a job when no one else would bat an eye. They gave me an opportunity to develop excel databases, which I had previously endeavoured to do in prior occupations, but not to the extent at which I had done them prior.

A typical day at work begins as early as 4 AM, and ends as early as 12:30 PM. Management and coworkers don't really care what you do on breaks as long as you get all of your work done on time.

The hardest part of the job is meeting deadlines, and preparing for audits. The most fun part of the experience at Gore was working with different teams in other cities/states to complete projects.
Pros
Easygoing atmosphere, Understanding Management, Strong Pay/Benefits
Cons
Stringent Deadlines, Difficult for Outside Hires to be Accepted
An amazing company to work for. Associates make this a great place to work
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Flagstaff, AZ18.00March 20, 2017
Gore offered voluntary retirement so I took it. Gore is a great to wok. Good culture makes associates enjoy working there. Their motto "making money & having fun" is exactly what working at Gore is about. Having summer celebrations for associates every year. Having plant meetings monthly to keep associates informed of what is going on within the company.
Pros
Their belief of faith in the individual
Cons
Accountability
Only worked a temporary job
Regulatory Affairs Associate (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 18, 2017
I loved working at Gore for the short amount of time that I did. The people were all very friendly and easy to talk to and work with. Since I do not mind long hours in front of a computer screen, this job was perfect for me. I learned many valuable skills here, including work in several important computer programs from AGILE PLM to Microsoft Excel. The most difficult part of the job was that, eventually, long hours of doing the same thing over and over does get taxing regardless of how much I enjoyed such straightforward tasks, and the occasional break was needed to refresh my brain. However, it was easy to move along with work when I got the proper flow going and I quite enjoyed being able to talk with coworkers.
Family-owned business
Product Specialist (Former Employee) –  Flagstaff, AZMarch 11, 2017
Too much focus on the legacy of the founder and too little on the benefits of the incredible products and the employees who made it all happen. Too click-ish.
exceptional
MANUFACTURING/ADMIN SUPPORT (Former Employee) –  Flagstaff, AZMarch 2, 2017
I loved working for and with Gore on many levels, including becoming involved with their disabilities commitees and working in the clean room on improved work stations and ergonomics. I worked in the clean room manufacturing the same products by SOP everyday, so I really loved the people. I am very friendly, and believe that attitudes are infectious, and so I am always striving to make mine one that brings happiness to those around me.
Pros
great benefits, and an amazing take on culture!
Cons
I worked second shift and lost time with my daughter
Good environment for growth.
Global Project Management (Former Employee) –  Newark, DEFebruary 15, 2017
This company produces an environment that allows career growth. Associates are given the freedom that enables out of the box ideas.
Pros
Lattice work environment
Cons
A lot of travel
Great people
Associate (Former Employee) –  UKFebruary 8, 2017
Great work culture, many opportunities to grow, develop and advance. Good benefit package. Global company can involve a lot of travel.
Pros
Working enviroment, people, benefits.
Cons
Can be very demanding
Sucks
Fuel Cell Area Leader (Former Employee) –  Elkton, MDFebruary 1, 2017
You can do your job well and if you are on a team of slackers who have been with the company for a long time. You can turn out to be the outcast and deemed "unemployable". Find some where else to work this place is a joke..
Great Job
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Elkton, MDJanuary 19, 2017
One of the best companies I have ever worked for. I only left due to having kids and the hour constraints. Would recommend to anyone seeking good quality employment.
It was a strong company in the town l lived in.
IT Global Training Specialist (Former Employee) –  Flagstaff, AZJanuary 16, 2017
Great company to work for. They had to make some changes. Still a strong culture and I believe what they stand for. I enjoyed my time working for them.
Pros
lunches, culture, benefits, movement within the company
Cons
changes
Good
Engineering Associate, Internship (Former Employee) –  Flagstaff, AZJanuary 10, 2017
- People are great and helpful
- Lots of fun things and free food
- Nice location
- Paid great
- Living allowance is awesome
- project is not identified until you get to see your advisor
Super laid back but low pay
Medical device assembler/Process trainer (Former Employee) –  Flagstaff, AZJanuary 10, 2017
Gore prides it's self on it's "Gore Culture", which in a nutshell is treat an employee well and they will be productive. It is true and it works, is a great place to work unfortunately they don't pay enough to support a family. If you have a two income family or are single it is great but if you are the single income provider for you family you will not make it.
Pros
fun, easy going, good leadership
Cons
low pay
Great Place to work
Facility Engineeer (Former Employee) –  Elkton, MDJanuary 3, 2017
Would recommend this employer for someone seeking a future with a company. Good associates with great skills and everyone is willing to help you out when you need it. Great benefits and retirement program.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at W. L. Gore & Associates. Our community is ready to answer.