W. L. Gore & Associates Employee Reviews

Worked in worse.
Production Operative (Former Employee) –  Dundee, Dundee CityFebruary 13, 2018
The work is good. I think that honestly the hourly rate should be more for what you do, and knowing where your products end up once they are fully assembled.
I have worked for worse places over the years than here, but would seriously think twice about taking ANY leave if you are ill!! I have been paid off for taking two days off work with a virus. So be prepared to work work work even if you are not fit to come into your work.
Shame really. Kind of spoiled my short stint at Gore.
Pros
Tea, Coffee, water is free to drink.
Cons
Work when ill.
Okay environment
Medical Device Manufacturing Operator (Former Employee) –  Wall, NJFebruary 6, 2018
Most of the time there is a wonderful work environment. However if there is problem, don't depend of management to solve it. I've witnessed 4 employees terminated because of another person hearsay.
Gore is a great company to be with, if you are able to get hired on people usually stick around for the remainder of their career.
Sunmer Hire (Former Employee) –  Flagstaff, AZJanuary 23, 2018
Gore is a great company with a wonderful culture, people who get hired on tend to never leave. They allow for a lot of different commitments throughout the company and always try to hire from within.
Culture Emphasis
Process Engineer (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 14, 2018
The company has a large emphasis on culture. New product development is generally very collaborative. Gore abhors the concept of "managers" and suffer from lack of accountability for it. Work life balance is generally heavily skewed towards life for most people but since you have the power to choose your own commitment and growth path, you have the ability to make a large impact in a relatively short period of time.
Fun, Friendly enviroment, an awesome place to work.
Manufacturing Operator/Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Flagstaff, AZJanuary 5, 2018
I wish I was still apart of the Gore team, definitely the best company I've ever worked for. I love the people, the culture, and so much more. I would recommend this company to anyone.
fun workplace
Test Technician (Former Employee) –  Dundee CityJanuary 3, 2018
Enjoyable place to work, friendly staff. Gained a lot of test experience working here. Great culture, with a lot of good training put in place for staff.
The Best Company i ever worked for
Machine operator/inspector/QA (Former Employee) –  Elkton, MDDecember 13, 2017
Worked 8-10 days primarily as a machine operator, but was allowed freedom to chase down and solve problems, purchase needs for equipment, and engage in other ares of interest that were beneficial to team and organization. I excelled in this environment and culture. The positive and constructive relationships I developed is what Gore prides itself on.
Pros
All employees who are willingly, have the freedom to grow.
Cons
dont have any
America's 100 best company to work for.
Purchasing/Buyer (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CADecember 7, 2017
Convenient working location. Great teammates and cross-functional team members. Promotes healthy working relationship and healthy life styles. Sense of achievement, saving lives in the job I did.
Awesome
Facities Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Flagstaff, AZDecember 6, 2017
The job was great experience for a college freshman. Guaranteed 40 hours a week with any unpaid time off you asked for. The managers are great people and really help temporary people excel within the company.
Pros
great pay
Cons
no benefits for temps
Proud to work here
INNOVATION TECHNICAL LEADER / TECHNICAL FOUNDER (Current Employee) –  Elkton, MDDecember 4, 2017
Proud to work for a company that takes pride in its products. They're going through a large cultural shift, the direction of which I find concerning. Gore is a differentiated company.
Cool place to work
Manufacturing Technician, 3rd Shift (Former Employee) –  Elkton, MDNovember 28, 2017
Learned a lot about different machines and technologies. For a large company they have a good team atmosphere on a small level. People here were wonderful to work with.
Not worth a second look.
Medical Device Engineer/Scientist (Current Employee) –  Flagstaff, AZNovember 20, 2017
I've worked many places in my life however this place is by far the absolute worst place ever. They preach this culture that is a complete hoax. People with years of experience aren't even listened to. Complete waste of time. Things move so slow here that they will never meet their market targets.
Pros
Flagstaff is a nice area
Cons
no work that is challenging etc..
Low pay-cliques
Machine Operator/Inspector (Former Employee) –  Elkton, MDNovember 10, 2017
I had high expectations for my job at W.L Gore but those expectations were dropped when i started. the cliques/groups that were in there would get you terminated if you farted wrong. no chance what so ever. Poor management with the worst communication. They expect you to kill yourself on jobs that require more then one person and refuse to recognize hard work and effort put forth. My advice is to keep your expectations low and keep your head down. At one time W.L. Gore was a great company to work for but now you are to vulnerable as an employee there. good luck if you do work there.
Pros
family life
Cons
cliques, Low Pay, Overworked, No appreciation
Practice what they preach NONE!
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Elkton, MDNovember 5, 2017
The company really wasn't too bad to work for at the beginning but over time it had become very stressful. They preach various culture statements which 75% of the people who work for the enterprise do not practice. Of course every facility was different with the way the culture was practiced. Favoritism was a very big factor when it came to individuals and their career advancement which was very unfair. It became very uncomfortable for a typical day to be able to go into work everyday and enjoy what one did for a living. To a point where everyone stops all communication with one another because they're afraid of the repercussions that they might face which would end their employment. Needless to say very sad that a company which was build on great values has fallen apart.
Pros
Cleanliness, Fair Salary
Cons
Healthcare, fairness, One on one communication
Excellent Co-op Opportunities
NPD Engineer, Co-op (Former Employee) –  Elkton, MDNovember 3, 2017
W. L. Gore offers internships and cooperative education experiences that enhance a students skill set and prepares them for a job after college. As an intern you are given the opportunity to speak to many different professionals and work on different projects to help a student narrow down their career path.
Pros
Culture, Experience
Great company, great culture
Desktop Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Newark, DENovember 1, 2017
If you're lucky enough to get a job at Gore, congratulations. Awesome benefits, awesome culture. The only issue with the company would probably be location - in the US you're looking at mainly Delaware or Arizona. This is an issue for retaining talent however their infrastructure is such that they aren't moving anytime soon.

If you can deal with the location, it's probably one of the best places you can possibly work. Gore takes care of their people.
Excellent working environment / management
Process Engineer (Former Employee) –  Elkton, MDOctober 30, 2017
Highly recommend working for Gore. The culture, management, and coworkers are great. The benefits / compensation are good. Really enjoyed working here. Company makes it a priority to ensure good work / life balance.
Pros
Compensation, Good Management, Work / Life Balance
Cons
N/a
Fun workplace, family like, supportive
Intern (Former Employee) –  MarylandOctober 27, 2017
My experiences at Gore were a great way to see what jobs in my area are like. I got to meet all kinds of people with various professional degrees who enjoyed teaching me how to run certain instruments and analyze the data.
Productive and fun place to work
Production Operative (Former Employee) –  Dundee CityOctober 21, 2017
Worked as part of a busy workplace producing cables and wiring for Miitary and Commerical airlines. A great palce to work with happy atmosphere. Working Mon-Friday.
Great Temporary Summer Job
Wear Trial and Tester (Former Employee) –  Elkton, MDOctober 16, 2017
Working throughout the summer as a temporary assistant in a research lab has its perks. A great fortune 500 company to start my professional career with.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at W. L. Gore & Associates. Our community is ready to answer.