W. L. Gore & Associates Employee Reviews

Echo Tech/Surgical research technician (Current Employee) –  Flagstaff, AZJune 22, 2017
I still work here and its great. Leadership really cares about your growth. Some associates can take advantage of the culture but over all it is a good place to work at.
Old Gore was good.. New Gore has lost touch
Manufacturing Technician (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 8, 2017
Management, who prefer to be called leadership (because Gore has no titles) are out of touch with the people they manage..

They do not go above and beyond anymore to take care of their "associates" like they did in the past. It seems more and more, the associates (don't ever call them employees) are just numbers in the grand scheme of things, and they prefer to hire temps now more than they do full time employees..
Pros
Decent benefits
Cons
Losing their culture, hiring temps, cutting costs everwhere
Trying to hold onto a legacy that no longer exists
Associate (Former Employee) –  Elkton, MDJune 7, 2017
The company tries to pretend that they don't have bosses (lattice structure) and practice a unique corporate culture. In reality, bosses very much exist when they choose to micromanage the associates but become conveniently silent when a difficult decision needs to be made and the 'culture' is very inconsistently practiced throughout the organization. Leadership will axe a product that is still profitable as soon as there is strong competition from another manufacturer. New product development is mostly improvements to existing products, though not really the creation of new products. Compliance standards practiced in the regulated divisions of Gore are very much lacking and they often get 'dinged' during audits, yet they seemingly refuse to buckle down and do it right which is a holdover from this 'legacy' that existed in the early days of the company.
Pros
decent health benefits package, good salary
Cons
A lot of inconsistencies in work practices, layoffs seem to always be on the horizon.
Guter Arbeitgeber mit herausragender Unternehmenskultur
Web Developer Online Marketing (Former Employee) –  83620 Feldkirchen-WesterhamMay 12, 2017
Guter Arbeitgeber mit herausragender Unternehmenskultur
Fun and positive work atmosphere
Field sales Associate - Rotating Equipment (Current Employee) –  Abu Dhabi,U.A.EMay 1, 2017
Fully independent and very positive job atmosphere. Highly skilled and technical people with very friendly attitude.

I would say its best place work. The company deals with very innovative product and as such it quite challenging to complete each sales process.

Strategic selling is the best way for strong sales procedure which is what Gore.

Gore is pioneer in innovation and i am very much proud to be part of its team.
Pros
Friendly management
Great Company
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Manor, TXApril 24, 2017
Great work place. Good people. I enjoyed the years I worked there. It was interesting and they really took care of there employees. Wish they would have stayed in Texas.
Pros
Good Pay, Good Culture
Cons
Trying to move a big boat
Scientist (Current Employee) –  Flagstaff, AZApril 15, 2017
Gore is currently trying to turn a large ship around and it is going to take some time and adjustments. There are still those within the enterprise and division who are resistant to change. Those people are going to find out the hard way that change is inevitable.
Pros
Benefits, autonomy, ability to learn new skills.
Cons
Upper level ineptitude and unawareness of the problems that occur in day to day life.
Exciting creative Associates to work with each day
Quality Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Elkton, MDApril 4, 2017
Would work there again without hesitation. I had the opportunity to learn many new skills and really appreciate that Gore encourages growth at every level.
Pros
Make your own commitments.
Cons
Pay should be better for women working same as the men
Lead Control Room Operator (Current Employee) –  Elkton, MDApril 3, 2017
I'm actually a contactor that has done contract Security for Gore since 1999. I'm currently employed by Covenant Security. I enjoy working in the environment.
Great Place
Operations Engineer Intern (Former Employee) –  Flagstaff, AZApril 1, 2017
I did an internship there one summer and it was one of the best experiences. The people are very welcoming, the culture is great, and seems like a great place to work.
Poor Senior Leadershio Causing Decline
Marketing Manager (Current Employee) –  Newark, DEApril 1, 2017
Outstanding products and technologies,and a genuine commitment to meeting customer needs. Poor working environment caused by ineffective senior leadership and excessive politics.
Pros
high performance, reliable products
Cons
no management focus, unrealistic goals with no plans for achieving them
State of Confusion
Manufacturing Technician (Former Employee) –  Elkton, MDMarch 30, 2017
Loved the job but the last couple years management and company has changed so much for the worse. They have made so many changes leaders cant keep up with them and cant deliver. They are losing money and have let the culture take a back seat to what built that company.
Workplace culture
System Integrator/Automation Engineer (Former Employee) –  Flagstaff, AZMarch 29, 2017
The workplace culture is wonderful and the possibilities for attempting new ideas is rewarded. The culture prides itself in being lateral as opposed to hierarchal but you quickly learn who the bosses really are and the power they enjoy.
Hard work and fun atmosphere
Summer Hire (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 27, 2017
WL Gore & Associates provided me with a job when no one else would bat an eye. They gave me an opportunity to develop excel databases, which I had previously endeavoured to do in prior occupations, but not to the extent at which I had done them prior.

A typical day at work begins as early as 4 AM, and ends as early as 12:30 PM. Management and coworkers don't really care what you do on breaks as long as you get all of your work done on time.

The hardest part of the job is meeting deadlines, and preparing for audits. The most fun part of the experience at Gore was working with different teams in other cities/states to complete projects.
Pros
Easygoing atmosphere, Understanding Management, Strong Pay/Benefits
Cons
Stringent Deadlines, Difficult for Outside Hires to be Accepted
An amazing company to work for. Associates make this a great place to work
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Flagstaff, AZ18.00March 20, 2017
Gore offered voluntary retirement so I took it. Gore is a great to wok. Good culture makes associates enjoy working there. Their motto "making money & having fun" is exactly what working at Gore is about. Having summer celebrations for associates every year. Having plant meetings monthly to keep associates informed of what is going on within the company.
Pros
Their belief of faith in the individual
Cons
Accountability
Only worked a temporary job
Regulatory Affairs Associate (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 18, 2017
I loved working at Gore for the short amount of time that I did. The people were all very friendly and easy to talk to and work with. Since I do not mind long hours in front of a computer screen, this job was perfect for me. I learned many valuable skills here, including work in several important computer programs from AGILE PLM to Microsoft Excel. The most difficult part of the job was that, eventually, long hours of doing the same thing over and over does get taxing regardless of how much I enjoyed such straightforward tasks, and the occasional break was needed to refresh my brain. However, it was easy to move along with work when I got the proper flow going and I quite enjoyed being able to talk with coworkers.
Family-owned business
Product Specialist (Former Employee) –  Flagstaff, AZMarch 11, 2017
Too much focus on the legacy of the founder and too little on the benefits of the incredible products and the employees who made it all happen. Too click-ish.
exceptional
MANUFACTURING/ADMIN SUPPORT (Former Employee) –  Flagstaff, AZMarch 2, 2017
I loved working for and with Gore on many levels, including becoming involved with their disabilities commitees and working in the clean room on improved work stations and ergonomics. I worked in the clean room manufacturing the same products by SOP everyday, so I really loved the people. I am very friendly, and believe that attitudes are infectious, and so I am always striving to make mine one that brings happiness to those around me.
Pros
great benefits, and an amazing take on culture!
Cons
I worked second shift and lost time with my daughter
Good environment for growth.
Global Project Management (Former Employee) –  Newark, DEFebruary 15, 2017
This company produces an environment that allows career growth. Associates are given the freedom that enables out of the box ideas.
Pros
Lattice work environment
Cons
A lot of travel
Great people
Associate (Former Employee) –  UKFebruary 8, 2017
Great work culture, many opportunities to grow, develop and advance. Good benefit package. Global company can involve a lot of travel.
Pros
Working enviroment, people, benefits.
Cons
Can be very demanding

Ask a question about working or interviewing at W. L. Gore & Associates. Our community is ready to answer.