hibu Employee Reviews

Fun at work
Process Associate (Former Employee) –  hyderabadJanuary 21, 2017
Its my first company, good culture, can learn how to lead the teams. Fun at work. Positive environment. competitive environment. management was okay..
Nothing to complain about
TEMP (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAJanuary 12, 2017
Everybody was very nice and enjoyable to work with. Good work environment, working isn't too strenuous, and pay was decent for what I was doing. Nothing to complain about
Pros
Great place
Cons
Not much
Great job for living in Cedar Rapids Iowa
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAJanuary 10, 2017
Sales goals and leads were stressful but there is opportunity to make decent money if you are talented at sales. Nights and weekends off were the best part of the job.
workplace with gameroom
Web Designer (Former Employee) –  Fort BonifacioJanuary 10, 2017
Creative work place and Happy co-workers, But Hibu is not existing anymore here in the Philippines.
I've learned a lot while having fun.
different job
Regional Manager - Distribution (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJanuary 3, 2017
meet interesting people pros cons the normal of any job. overall a good experience i dont want to write this but i have to. have a good day
dirty work environment
Sales (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IADecember 30, 2016
This was a very dirty work environment. I dont think management was very helpful to new sales people, I found a lot of this job very frustrating. I did learn some, it just was not the job for me
Hibu Inc. was a great opportunity!
Regional Publications Manager for Oklahoma (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKDecember 20, 2016
I was given the opportunity to manage four local content-driven magazines for Oklahoma. Sadly, Hibu Inc. later eliminated its magazine part of the company.
Pros
Work from home, great staff, grew contacts in five greater Oklahoma communities.
Cons
Long hours, problems with their layout system.
Okay place to work
TELEPHONE SALES (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IADecember 12, 2016
This is your typical call center job. You have your good days and you have your bad days. Management is management, they yell at you because they were yelled at about sales and goals. I did have a lot of fun working here.
Pros
bonuses
Cons
Stressfull job with the fear of being outsourced or fired no matter how hard you work
Digital Marketing Consultant (Current Employee) –  King of Prussia, PADecember 3, 2016
The immediate supervision is great. The upper management is not accessible to employees. HR is a complete joke and they only care about the company and not the human. Outsourcing is the normal mode of business as the company is constantly restructuring and is happy with cost over quality that comes from over seas. The only great thing about this job is the Co-workers who understand the constant shuffling and fear of loosing your job.
Pros
Great flexible schedule, great coworkers dispite the negative enviornment
Cons
Short breaks and lunch, no room for advancement, expected to do thejob of at least 3 employees, rude management, constant fear of being outsourced, company consistanly restructures to no avail, company seeks bankruptcy protection on a regular basis.
Hard but well paid work
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Belfast, County AntrimDecember 2, 2016
Excellent company after a rocky start. Some of the sales managers are very condescending and have a bad attittude, they get too much pressure from higher ranks
Back in the day, a great place to work
Client Service Executive (Former Employee) –  Novi, MINovember 30, 2016
Before the Internet this was the best place to work. So many changes with products and management, that it was no longer a good fit for me.
Good Environment
Creative Lead (Former Employee) –  Bangalore, KarnatakaNovember 23, 2016
Awesome, it was amazing place to work, which gave me a real workplace and satisfactory job. I am very glad that i had a good growth in the company with awesome management.
HIBU my Golden Days
Graphic / Jr. Web Designer (Former Employee) –  Hyderabad, INDIANovember 3, 2016
i Can rate best in knowing employee, even salaries not good but felt like an family. Happy to have a experience of HIBU.
In future like to work for HIBU and in UK or USA being a Employee again
Good place to work, friendly co workers, work independently.
Order Review Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAOctober 27, 2016
My experience at Hibu was a great experience.

On a typical day, you would know what work you had to get done and work on it. We had 24 hour turn around.

Learned a lot regarding getting a phone book published and how many different people it takes.

I had many managers in my 10 1/2 yrs there. Each one of them was my favorite. They were there for you if you needed them, other wise you knew what you had to get done.

The hardest part of working there was not the work, but getting layed off. I felt like I was leaving my family behind.

Even though you did the same things everyday it was enjoyable because every contract was different. Loved my early hours (6:00AM to 2:30PM).
Pros
Always learning something new.
Cons
Excellent workplace and people are very friendly
Software Engineer (Developer) (Former Employee) –  Bangalore, KarnatakaOctober 26, 2016
One should get a chance to work in such a organisation.
Each and everyone is very down to earth. Teams help each other in the deliverables.
revovling door policies
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 17, 2016
not interested in what right for the customer only interested in getting their money. Poor customer service in the digital market. many other companies have superior service and less expensive
good money bad leaders
Digital marketing (Current Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAOctober 17, 2016
made good money but terrible management. I worked my tail off to make good money and gave excellent ideas to management but they want to run the business like they still in the 90's. They are a marketing company that does not believe in updating there systems
Fun work environment
Telephone Account Representative (Current Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IA 52404October 3, 2016
I enjoy my job with hibu. It is a great work environment just relocating so needing to find something different. I would call on many different accounts with clients and make sure that we are fulfilling all of there marketing needs.
fun atmosphere
Sales (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IASeptember 15, 2016
fun atmosphere job security isn't the best a lot of outsourcing of work great place for people in sales casual work environment is a plus
Major Corporation
Customer Service Operations (Former Employee) –  King of Prussia PaSeptember 12, 2016
A typical day at work was a lot of work on the internet. Using my data entry skills. Management was very nice. I basically worked alone at Hibu. I learned a lot about excel. The hardest part of the job was it was so far away from home. The most enjoyable time was bringing my son to work day.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Wasn't a lot of work that needed to be accomplished throughout the day

Ask a question about working or interviewing at hibu. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7