hibu Employee Reviews

Good place to work, friendly co workers, work independently.
Order Review Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAOctober 27, 2016
My experience at Hibu was a great experience.

On a typical day, you would know what work you had to get done and work on it. We had 24 hour turn around.

Learned a lot regarding getting a phone book published and how many different people it takes.

I had many managers in my 10 1/2 yrs there. Each one of them was my favorite. They were there for you if you needed them, other wise you knew what you had to get done.

The hardest part of working there was not the work, but getting layed off. I felt like I was leaving my family behind.

Even though you did the same things everyday it was enjoyable because every contract was different. Loved my early hours (6:00AM to 2:30PM).
Pros
Always learning something new.
Cons
Excellent workplace and people are very friendly
Software Engineer (Developer) (Former Employee) –  Bangalore, KarnatakaOctober 26, 2016
One should get a chance to work in such a organisation.
Each and everyone is very down to earth. Teams help each other in the deliverables.
revovling door policies
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 17, 2016
not interested in what right for the customer only interested in getting their money. Poor customer service in the digital market. many other companies have superior service and less expensive
good money bad leaders
Digital marketing (Current Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAOctober 17, 2016
made good money but terrible management. I worked my tail off to make good money and gave excellent ideas to management but they want to run the business like they still in the 90's. They are a marketing company that does not believe in updating there systems
Fun work environment
Telephone Account Representative (Current Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IA 52404October 3, 2016
I enjoy my job with hibu. It is a great work environment just relocating so needing to find something different. I would call on many different accounts with clients and make sure that we are fulfilling all of there marketing needs.
fun atmosphere
Sales (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IASeptember 15, 2016
fun atmosphere job security isn't the best a lot of outsourcing of work great place for people in sales casual work environment is a plus
Major Corporation
Customer Service Operations (Former Employee) –  King of Prussia PaSeptember 12, 2016
A typical day at work was a lot of work on the internet. Using my data entry skills. Management was very nice. I basically worked alone at Hibu. I learned a lot about excel. The hardest part of the job was it was so far away from home. The most enjoyable time was bringing my son to work day.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Wasn't a lot of work that needed to be accomplished throughout the day
Productive and Fun Place
Sr Graphic Designer (Former Employee) –  Bangalore Urban, KarnatakaAugust 30, 2016
I have enjoyed woking with hibu a long span of 11.8 years of tenure. Where as regarding the growth in the company is very less. Management not preferring the seniors in the company.
They call this place the Titanic
CS Claims Representative (Former Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAAugust 29, 2016
THis company started out great and had a vision until former president Joe Walsh stepped down. SInce then, the new leadership has had no vision of which to move the company. The sales force does not receive adequate training on the products that they sell which results in clients filing claims and wanting to cancel their advertising. There are a few Customer Service departments at this company which frustrates several clients on a daily basis when they call with an issue. Regardless of which department you're in, the threat of losing your job lingers week to week. People that currently work there (and I'm referring to the King of Prussia branch) want to leave and those desperate for a job are trying to get in. Mgt only cares about the bottom line and less for their employees. Since there are always layoffs, opportunity for advancement is slim. Avoid at all costs.
Pros
The pond in the back
Cons
Upper mgt, salary, and little advancement
Interesting place to work
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAAugust 17, 2016
Not bad, not great. Compensation can be very good. Some great managers, some not so great managers. Basically like every other sales job, there are ups and downs.
Good for most people
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAAugust 6, 2016
- non management only works 40 hours
- ok work environment
- doesnt seem focused right now
- one of the best paying jobs for uneducated people in the area
- you can do anything at this job if you work hard
Productive and fun workplace
Web Designer / Digital Support (Former Employee) –  Fort BonifacioAugust 3, 2016
A steady, fun, not much pressure environment. It can become a comfort zone for most people. It gives quite a limited areas of growth as the work tends to become redundant for some.
Pros
Top designer, employee incentives
Cons
Forced department transfers
Multinational Company too large to care
Digital Media Consultant (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAJuly 14, 2016
hibu, llc, formerly Yell/Yellowbook, is a large foreign held corporation that has little concern for its staff. So little that it restructured the sales team with the goal of eliminating 85% of the team. Veterans with excellent production tossed to the side. It sickened me to watch them release individuals who had served the company for 20+ years with no regard for them.
Company has changed
Outside Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Roanoke, VAJuly 10, 2016
No longer good workplace. Bad management. Was good workplace until 2014 has changed. Not treated well.
You are just a number, not
person anymore. HR not supportive.
Pros
was good till 2014
Cons
after 2014 bad environment
productive and fun atmospher
My title here was a Digital e-Marketing Specialist (Current Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAJuly 7, 2016
I learned a lot working here. The co-workers were the only reason I had stayed as long as I did. There were a lot of politics and gossiping among management. They played favorites.
Pros
bonus, commission, incentives, parties
Cons
short breaks, short lunch, tight management, politics
Autonomy & Good Benefits
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJune 27, 2016
Working at Hibu I learned a lot about sales, digital marketing and working with small to medium size businesses.

I had the chance to work with diverse set of employees and business owners.
Hibu is a great company to work for!
Digital Marketing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAJune 17, 2016
A typical day at work would be making dials all day talking to potential or current customers. I have learned great customer service, and how to enter data. The management and my co-workers are wonderful. The hardest part of the job would be meeting goals, and the most enjoyable part would be getting to talk to and get to know many different types of people.
Pros
Flexable hours and great pay
Cons
Having to meet sales goal.
yellow page adds
Graphic Designer (Former Employee) –  Hyderabad, Andhra PradeshJune 3, 2016
Hi..I did yellow page adds, it's out sourcing company and i am working as Graphic Designer. completely all facilities and good cultured management, good co worker. i enjoy lot. all the way. i learn lot of things this company..like communication, culture and MNC standards.
Pros
more times
Cons
Enjoyed working with many business owners to help grow their business.
Client Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAMay 16, 2016
*Loved the freedom of working independently and everyday hustle.
*I received a vast amount of training in working with different personality types, both theirs and mine and how to ask meaningful questions in order to help them achieve their goals.
*I got to work with a great group of co-workers who cared about the success of their clients and were supportive of one another.
*The most difficult part of the job was the decline of the industry.
*The most enjoyable part was getting calls from my clients when their ads came out and their phones started ringing.
Competitive Salary and Benefits / Sales Support after the sale needs work.
Account Rep/New Business Development Rep (Former Employee) –  Lake Charles, LAMay 9, 2016
Very competitive starting salary and benefits for young aggressive representative. Strong initial training program and continuous weekly training. Good support system for answering questions a new representative would have. Great co-worker environment. Assigned territory so you are not fighting co-workers for accounts.

The company has undergone many changes, some good and some bad. Customer Service still struggles. Websites are hibu's focus, however sales reps have very little input after writing up the sale and are only called in if the client wants to cancel. Lots of room for things to go wrong. Claiming the website on search engines needs to be baby sat, gaining access to Facebook and twitter pages created by hibu can be difficult.

The package price of their websites are very competitive, however the sales rep typically gets bogged down with making sure everyone else does their jobs, and if you cannot get the various department to cooperate then you have to learn to do their jobs as well.

This is not a 40-50 work week position, so work/life balance can be difficult.

I gained a great deal of satisfaction knowing I helped small and medium sized businesses compete online locally.
Pros
Good base salary and benefits.
Cons
Support system for the services you sell needs work.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at hibu. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7