hibu Employee Reviews

Great company - Digital Marketing Made Easy
Business Development - Account Executive (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LAOctober 9, 2015
Fun work place with supportive management. You build your own book of business. There's great sales incentives. Weekly training provided.
good place to work
Digital Specialist (Current Employee) –  cedar rapidsOctober 6, 2015
good atmosphere to work in . they have great pay , commission and bonus structure. Great upper management as well . Monday thru Friday schedule is always a bonus
Churn and burn their sales reps
Digital Marketing Director (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VASeptember 21, 2015
While there are excellent managers that seem to care, the internal process of building sites, SEO and SEM is wrought with errors that make clients unhappy, thereby creating lots of issues for reps to solve on the front lines. It is unfortunate that management does not think long-term and looks at employees as numbers rather than what we are: long-term investments in quality control and profits.
Pros
Nice managers
Cons
Internal processes bring quality of product down
In the beginning ... a GOOD company
Digital Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Alexandria, VASeptember 2, 2015
Hibu is going through some MAJOR changes, right now.

In the beginning, when I first started to work at Hibu, there was so MUCH energy around the people and the services that were offered.

Things changed over the years and now, Hibu is not the same company.
Pros
Good work/life balance.
Cons
Company doesn't seem to be able to survive
Management that really cares
Business Development (Former Employee) –  Westchester, NYAugust 6, 2015
I learned a lot working here at hibu. From basic marketing knowledge to in-depth digital marketing skills, hibu is big on education. Management also gets a big thumbs up for their caring approach to leadership.
Pros
Fun environment, caring management
Cons
Good place to work. Supportive and fun co-workers. Enjoyed my time working there. Enjoyed the interaction with potential customers.
Digital Media Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAJuly 25, 2015
hibu is a great place to work. I enjoyed my time working there. The company has good compensation and bonus plans for people who are successful in the sales profession. The management was helpful with the training.
Pros
Great benefits, pay, and the co-workers
Cons
Cold call sales are very difficult
Always waiting for another change
Website Consultant (Current Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAJuly 20, 2015
Change can be good in an organization, but constant change creates chaos and an unhealthy atmosphere. The sales department runs the company and if you're not in sales, you're sort of second in line for everything.
Magazine
Freelance Photographer (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJuly 5, 2015
This was a non paid freelance position. I enjoyed it very much but was disappointed when they closed the hyperlocal magazines.
Brilliant work life balance
Team leader (Former Employee) –  Manchester, ENGJune 19, 2015
Cold calling
Selling the benefits of Yellow Pages & Yell.com
Management were always hands on and striving for you to succeed
Always worked as a team, creating a great working environment.
Hardest part of the job was educating the public's perception of their own advertising beliefs.
Most enjoyable parts of the role definitely were the financial rewards.
Pros
Discounted social events
Good People, Poor Standards
Collector I (Former Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAJune 16, 2015
The position is inherently difficult, but too much emphasis was placed on factors that were outside of our control. If we happened to get a heavily aged queue for the month, cash collected would suffer. Management often actively discouraged collectors from posting out of the department. The floor was competitive, and at times was encouraged to be so to the detriment of the team environment. Not enough time was given to complete the clerical tasks that were expected of us. Departments did not always communicate appropriately and this often involved in work needing to be re-done twice or more times.
Pros
Ample time off
Cons
competitive environment, quantitative standards
You can make money here and it is a career!
Client Services Account Manager- New Business (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 7, 2015
Selling multiple products to existing and new clients. Hibu was a good place to work for many years. Heavy quotas were instilled with requirements that were hard to achieve.The hardest part was to make the website quota.I loved my friends at Hibu.That is what I miss the most.
Pros
Great products, Free classes, Great compensation
Cons
Quotas, Management
Work-life balance atmosphere
Business Development Representative (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 18, 2015
I am in charge of making my own scheduled, managing production and customers. I have learned had to work under pressure, justify ROI, and be a team leader. I love my manager and co-workers. The hardest part of the job are fixing production mistakes. I love my freedom and making my own ours with HIBU
Productive fun to work
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXApril 30, 2015
Meeting people everyday , developing relationships with current and existing customers. Managing accounts, hard working management. Co-workers getting along with everyone. enjoying getting out and networking with people.
Sell No Matter if It Can't Be Serviced
Marketing Consultant (Former Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAApril 9, 2015
They cannot fulfill the orders reps sold.
When clients would cancel due to poor service, the reps lost their commissions.
Sales reps have to spend time saving clients from poor customer service in order to save their own commission and reputation.
Pros
Great Sales Training
Cons
Very Poor Customer Service
Place to enjoy your and office atomsphere with fun activties and festival Celebrations and very friendly management
Graphic Designer (Current Employee) –  Bangalore, KAApril 9, 2015
HIBU is a worldwide organization, working without boundaries; organizing have been designing, creating and fulfilling high volumes of display ads, as well as pagination services for printed classified directories for over 30 years
Company that went under for a very good reason.
Web Editor (Former Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAApril 1, 2015
Poor management, harsh supervision, and no guidance makes hibu one of the worst places I've ever worked. I drove about two hours round-trip to be told there was little to no work. I was laid off with an impressive severance package - the best thing to come out of the job.
Pros
Paid me extremely well.
Cons
We were lied to about how long the company would be in business, overall a terrible place to work.
Productive and fun work environment
Web Consultant Specialist (Current Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAMarch 30, 2015
Consult with clients and gather information necessary to build a web presence. There are different shifts from early morning to afternoon to suit your lifestyle. All of my co-workers are fun and helpful. Everyone helps each other out.
Fun place to work with a good work culture
Content Writer for the US branch of hibu websites (Current Employee) –  Bangalore and USMarch 22, 2015
A typical day at hibu would start at 7:00am IST and end at 5:00pm IST. With a good work culture and good co-workers the day seemed like a walk in the park inspite of multiple challenges.
Pros
Early morning shift
Cons
Tight deadlines
Great place to work good. Income reflects effort.
District Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Tigard, ORMarch 11, 2015
I worked here for nearly 13 years. I would go back. The culture was a ton of fun. I learned a ton about lots of different industries. The tools provided to the sales team are the best I've ever had. Life work balance was difficult for me, but then I was an over achiever.
Big earning opportunities, Exciting Role, Slightly Corrupt
Marketing Consultant (Former Employee) –  BelfastMarch 6, 2015
I absolutely loved Yell until Hibu took over. Now it is just another call centre. The bonus scheme was amazing, I earned thousands every month. The place was always buzzing. The achievements and recognition were great.

The sad thing about call centres is that all good things must come to an end. Incentives became rare, achievements and recognition were never consistent, and the bonus scheme has constantly decreased as Hibu took over.

I learned a lot in my time at Yell in terms of top quality sales skills, advertising and marketing knowledge. But because of the role itself, speaking to thousands of different types of businesses and their plans to grow or maintain I also gained knowledge on almost every business out there. For me that was exciting, gaining vast amount of knowledge and tailoring specific packages to that customers needs and knowing you were doing a good job.
Pros
Great earning potential, exciting role, good for development.
Cons
Tight nit groups, Hibu in an unstable position.

2.5