hibu Employee Reviews

hibu is a good place to work
Analyst Architect (Former Employee) –  Bangalore, KarnatakaApril 16, 2017
hibu is a good place to work in terms of Management and, Job culture and Work/Life balance but since it is not doing financially well because of various decisions by previous management, it may not be attractive in terms of Salary and Job security.
Given great tools to run my operation & help my clients!
Sales Manager/Senior Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAApril 12, 2017
My job was to help hundreds of small to medium size businesses succeed in the digital marketing world. This all began with building relationships...lasting relationships, listening to their needs. As a result, they began to see what was once a complicated and confusing marketing tool; begin to deliver qualified leads to their business. That was my payoff.

The hardest part of my job was working with prospects that had been "burned" by my competition and were not interested in working with anyone. As a result, they were doing nothing and were buried online.
Good product based company
QA Engineer (Former Employee) –  Bangalore, KarnatakaApril 12, 2017
Good product based company. have their own products to work with. providing many services to its customers. life balancing here is great.they provides transports for employees. less packages for positions.
Pros
job security is good
Cons
less package
Outbound Sales
Customer Sales Representative / Call Center (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAApril 4, 2017
When I got in it was starting a new program and it wasn't going so well. The people you worked with wouldn't work with you to get the job done. So, in turn it wasn't a good job.
Productive and fun environment
Accounts Executive (Intern) (Former Employee) –  Bangalore, KarnatakaMarch 30, 2017
i enjoyed the fun environment and relevant projects
I worked with an excellent team and it showed through out projects
Only issue id say would be career advancement
Excellent and fun
Manager - Administration & Purchase (Former Employee) –  Bangalore, KarnatakaMarch 28, 2017
Very creative people and so is the job.

Management appreciates and approves of any improvement plan which has benefit for employees.

Open culture across the system.
Pros
Work Culture
Cons
Salary
Ups and Downs
Process Engineer II (Current Employee) –  Appleton, WIMarch 23, 2017
The company is outsourcing everything now and it is evident that the onshore employees aren't as important as they used to be. Positive is that there are a lot of good people who work here.
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Covina, CAMarch 17, 2017
I would suggest not working for this company as management had no idea what they are doing. company had a new CEO that made everything worse. Well worse than it was with a Yellowbook repoire that was terrible already.
Pros
not interested in reviewing
Cons
not interested in reviewing
Review Summary
Regional Digital Marketing Sales (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAMarch 14, 2017
This was previously yellowbook. We all know there has been a major shift from yellowpages to digital online content. They build good seo websites, That is the best the offer
All Work, No Play
Creative Associate (Former Employee) –  TaguigMarch 14, 2017
Supervisors will make sure they get whatever they pay for. Since there's an output oriented environment, people are always pushed to their limits until they're burned out.
Pros
Repetitive Environment, no need to think much
Cons
Repetitive Environment, No Promotion in Store
Pretty respectable place to work
eMarketing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAMarch 5, 2017
Their products and services really suck so you have to deal with a lot of mad customers, but the company isn't all that terrible.

I was in sales and I had my own desk and could eat, have my phone, and wasn't chained to my phone for a certain amount each day. All you have to do is make a certain amount of sales, so make as little calls as you want, just get the money,

We got let out early all the time,, PAID! Once we got to a certain amount of sales we got to go home early. I remember some days going in for an hour and being able to leave.

Don't expect to make crazy money, like maybe 1,800 a month if you do good at sales; but, you won't find a more chill job!
Pros
Relaxed, Smaller Quotas, Sometimes Pay
Cons
Job Security (enormous debt), Outbound Calling, Products & Services
productive workplace, with activity rooms, great managers
Data Reviewer (Former Employee) –  Quezon CityMarch 1, 2017
The management always make sure that we are working comfortably and that all our needs are being provided. They always listen to our suggestions and complains.
Pros
monthly activity, open door policy
Cons
none so far
fun place to work but surrounded by employees who don't want to be in sales
Digital Marketing Specialist (Former Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAFebruary 27, 2017
This is a position that has a lot of fun. The company offers a lot of incentives to sell and extra time off for closers. They have such a high turnover rate that they end up hiring employees that don't want anything to do in sales. These employees collect the base salary and just fill the seat and that makes everyone else be complacent with not selling. Marc the trainer was great but he focuses more on product selling vs actual selling technique. They don't really have a process for the sale and you feel like you have to learn to sell yourself. Have to say that the hours were wonderful! out by 430 and a lot of the time Fridays you could leave by 330 if you made sales that week. can make money but very hard to make more than 40k
Pros
Great hours
Cons
Poor leads and sales training
Horrible Company
Senior Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIFebruary 24, 2017
Company is in bankruptcy court constantly, pressure to produce is incredible. Goals are unrealistic. Swenior reps were Never able to make goals
Pros
Decent Pay if you can get past horrible management
Cons
Managament is horrible
An extremely knowledged team effort, along with great success
Digital Associate Sales Executive/Manager (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORFebruary 23, 2017
Many meetings in person, and virtually daily; with many evenings filled with prep to gain knowledge for myself, in order to conduct, plus lead through key Questions of each different business leader we met with. Knowledge of earnings, employee size, and discovery of the needs at the time for forming a bid proposal. Meetings would sometimes need follow up later, and also time for analysis of logical tools toward success. Once a week I'd lead a meeting on Monday, for sharing new data to local team members. I'd also be involved in the success of all reps statewide through in person travels, or via webinar. Public conferences would happen but once a quarter, depended on upper management requests. There I would speak to 50 or more business owners, along side other key note speakers, to build confidence, educate, and create brand awareness to what we as a company could accomplish.
Unprofessional Work Environment; u
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAFebruary 15, 2017
Its a job for someone with prior sales experience, must be optimistic and goal oriented to stay employed. The stress level is high with goals constantly changing. business has been going downhill for a few years following the mass layoffs in customer service the guidelines for their code of ethics is rarely met. In addition to having no distinguished job security. Job culture is laid back
Pros
healthcare, full time benefits
Cons
Advancement is not about what you know, rather than who you know
Great local management
Media Consultant (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAFebruary 14, 2017
In the ever changing landscape of the marketing world, having good leadership is imperative. The local management was great at observing and seeing which direction they needed to steer the local team.
No muy buena
Redacción - Gestor de Contenidos (Current Employee) –  Pereira, RisaraldaFebruary 11, 2017
En general es un buen trabajo. Pero se encuentran muchos golpes hacia el buen ambiente laboral tergiversando alguno derechos del empleado.
Low Morale
Digital Service Consultant (Current Employee) –  King of Prussia PAFebruary 6, 2017
I would not recommend Hibu to anyone. I would rather not speak about my experience with Hibu.

There is no enjoyable part of the job.
Productive and no pressure
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  HyderabadFebruary 5, 2017
Great place to work with. Management was very supportive. There was no pressure in the organisation. Company use to spwnd decent amount for team outings. Had lot of fun working with this company
Pros
Free cabs
Cons
Less salary

Ask a question about working or interviewing at hibu. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7