Cigna Employee Reviews

great workplace
Informatics Sr. Specialist / Bus. Syst. Analyst (Former Employee) –  Bloomfield, CTJanuary 22, 2018
Easy to work for. lots Autonomy.easy access to training. Ability to advance based on performance first. If not for the budget cuts I would still be there.
Pros
work environment
Cons
downsizing...
Strong Organization
Senior Client Manager (Former Employee) –  United StatesJanuary 22, 2018
Quick paced and demanding. Over-all I enjoyed much of my time with Cigna. A fine group of colleagues who are strong professionals. Company has my respect.
Pros
Solid company. Great reputation. Excellent staff
Cons
good
ETL Developer and ICM Operations Lead (Former Employee) –  Chennai, Tamil NaduJanuary 22, 2018
okay experience
worked for cigna client in acenture
good and vast project
lots of things to learn
based on your skills, your work life balance will be decided
Great Place to work
Plan Automation Senior Asso (Former Employee) –  Bloomfield, CTJanuary 22, 2018
I enjoyed working at Cigna Pharmacy. I learned a great deal. I will love to work for this company again. I have the Ability to identify and research situations with resulting improvements that enhances customer satisfaction.
Customer satisfaction and quality oriented individual.
Pros
Work life balance
Cons
I have nothing negative to say about this company.
Excellent place to work
Wellness Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 22, 2018
Excellent place to work. The team I worked with was very talented and supportive. The job was challenging and rewarding as we worked with the Disney wellness team to improve the health and well-being of Disney cast members.
Good employer but poor management and career possibilities
Product Manager (Former Employee) –  GlasgowJanuary 22, 2018
Cigna are very big on trying to keep employees happy and their work life balance. This is not necessarily displayed by paying [especially lower banded] employees a fair salary for a fair days' work though.

They do provide excellent benefits including an annual bonus which is quite poor for lower bands of employees.

There is no such thing as career progression in Cigna but overall I would say they were a good company to work for if you had limited ambition.
Pros
Excellent benefits
Cons
Salary should be better
hard working environment
Sr Economist (Current Employee) –  Glendale, CAJanuary 22, 2018
hard working environment
diverse culture
hard to advance
typical day work starts at 7am ends and 5pm
learned a lot and keep learning every day
very dynamic place of work
Pros
work from home
QA Analyst (Former Employee) –  Bedford, TXJanuary 21, 2018
Great place to work, great pay, great benefits. The management is knowledgeable, accessible, and fair. I would definitely recommend this company to others.
Pros
Peak times - extremely busy
Cons
Breaks or lunch cut short due to peak times being as busy
warning
Utilization Review Nurse (Former Employee) –  Piscataway, NJJanuary 20, 2018
incompetent supervisors who do not understand how insurance works.
horrible medical benefits- pay the deductible in all services before cost share kicks in. you pay premiums, and you pay ALL fees for services.
team work is not possible since each nurse is already overloaded.
micromanaging to the highest level.
ineffective interdepartmental communication and all to blame are the employees, and management is not at fault.
this is a sinking ship organization.
management will pull you down, instead of motivating employees to advance their careers.
Pros
Pto, stock options
Cons
high deductible medical coverage, micromanaging, incompetent management, tuition reimbursement
Working at Cigna
Accounting Specialist (Current Employee) –  Piscataway, NJJanuary 19, 2018
Working at Cigna has its ups and downs just like any other place. In my experience in life - the work is basically the same, just different programs. People are the same wherever you go - faces change but the people don't. Its all in how you approach it and how you manage it yourself.
Pros
They protect their employees.
Cons
Poor at acquisitions, training...
job stability, career advancements, great benefits
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 19, 2018
Call center environment in which I received inbound calls from members regarding their eligibility and benefits. Management was always on hand to assist with any situation you may be dealing with that was work related. Learned about health insurance and how members benefits are applied and processed. Great company to work for with many career advancements.
fun place to work
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Horsham, PAJanuary 18, 2018
fun place to work . very friendly people. I love everything about this company . my all the co worker is very friendly and helpful . great salary too.
Glass Ceiling
Customer Service Insurance Claim Agent (Former Employee) –  Denison, TXJanuary 17, 2018
Their is not much room for advancement no matter you education or skill set. The job is repetitive and I want a career not a job. I believe if I stay working there I would be like other that have been work there for 20 years in the same seat.
Pros
Insurance
Cons
Breaks
Nice Place
N/A (Former Employee) –  ConnecticutJanuary 17, 2018
It is the same at whaterver insurance place you go to. There is the good and the bad. You just make the best of it and keep moving. My overall opinion is neutral.
Implementation Specialist
Implementation Analyst (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNJanuary 17, 2018
Reviewing client's contracts daily to ensure medical benefits were setup correctly with the claim payment system. Inter acting with service partners regarding clients needs. Time managing your daily report and e-mails regarding medical benefits. Conference calls, emailing, and on going projects is a typical work day.
One Guide Pharmacy Rep (Current Employee) –  Robinson Township, PAJanuary 17, 2018
Nothing good to say other then being paid well. Company cares nothing to there on employees health needs and is inconsistent with actions by managers. Not to mention nothing but stress
Very stressful workplace
Quality Assurance Analyst (Former Employee) –  Easton, PAJanuary 16, 2018
Unfortunately, with a cut throat workforce, you learn a lot about lower classes, education levels, monetary income levels. Favoritism applied as well. I did not enjoy a lot of the work there do to personnel who did not like other personnel. I did learn a lot about computer research, researching pieces of mail not allowed out in the mailing procedure, using mail delivery systems...UPS, FED EX etc...Conducted QA interviews and prepared reports. Had to communicate with satellite offices in the US and Europe. Had to maintain utmost confidentiality with regard to the material we handled each day as well as learn about information security.
Pros
Learing about computer research
Cons
Personnel too involved in personal interests
Cigna was a high paced insurance company
Benefit Policy Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Greenwood Village, COJanuary 15, 2018
Overall, Cigna was a good place to work. My manager was amazing, but the company got bought out and it became very political and the upper management didn't promote on merit of workmanship, they promoted their friends.
Pros
My manager was amazing, great team atmosphere, great communication
Cons
upper management promoted friends and were very political.
Very run-of-the mill cubicle job
Developer (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 15, 2018
A typical day at work usually has one or two meetings or presentations to go to, but other than that you're free to spend the rest of your time on your own work.

This job taught me how to work in a very professionalism-oriented environment.

Management was helpful when help was wanted or needed, but 1 on 1 meetings were weekly, so there was less communication to be had.

Dress code is business casual and the workplace culture is mostly just the standard things you can expect from a cubicle job.

The hardest part of the job was that because of the company's firewall, sites like personal email clients are blocked. This meant that without a phone with a data plan you can't check email, which made planning things with friends and family difficult.

The most enjoyable part of the job was that I was able to separate my work life from private life easily. Normally I hear people talk about how they love having a personal relationship with their employer, but I was very content with being able to just show up, do my work, and leave without having to think much else.
Pros
Great experience in professional environment, Big meetings have great catering
Cons
Very restrictive (firewall, dress code, programs installed etc.)
Great Place to Work
COBRA Business Analyst / Case Manager (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJanuary 15, 2018
In this position, I had my own cases. I would set up a group from scratch, load COBRA members and process the day to day mail and answer the phones. Dealt very closely with the client and COBRA members alike. Loaded the yearly COBRA rates and kept the systems updated with the members eligibility so they could get services. The hardest part of the job was when we were told they were outsourcing the COBRA function and we would all lose our jobs. That was a very sad day as I really enjoyed my job. The best part of the job was and still is, my friends I met along the way. We still remain close and meet up for dinner once a month to catch up.
Pros
Close to home, large cafeteria with many selections to choose from for breakfast and lunch, company time off
Cons
had to work too many years to accrue additional vacation time

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cigna. Our community is ready to answer.